The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 was launched back in July 2013 with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware running out of the box. Sadly, the device did not receive any major OS upgrade since its release but Samsung now seems to have blessed it with the latest Android 4.4.2 firmware update.
If you remember, the 3G+WiFi version of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (SM-T211) received the KitKat update a couple of months ago and now Samsung has started rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 WiFi only version. The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 features a 7-inch display with 600 x 1024 pixels resolution, Dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 3.15MP rear and 1.3MP rear camera, and 4000mAh battery.
If you own this Tab and want to update it to the latest OS version, the wait is over now. Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with build version T210XXBNH4 for the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 is now available for download. The first KitKat firmware is meant for the users of the device in Italy. The good thing is that the released firmware is unbranded and therefore it can be installed on any Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210 (WiFi) that is not carrier branded.
It simply means that you do not need to wait for the KitKat OTA to reach your country or reason. You can simply download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware from below and install it manually using Odin flash tool. Below, you’ll find the detailed steps to install the official firmware easily and safely.
Also Read: Should you notice issues with SD Card write capability after updating your Tab to KitKat, try the solutions given here.
Features and Changes
Since KitKat is a major software update, you’ll notice various new features and improvements in your Tab’s performance. Here’re some of the salient features:
- Transparent status bar with white icons
- New notification panel with expandable notifications
- New camera shortcut on the lock screen
- Option to choose default apps for messaging, home launcher and others
- The screen now turns off with fading effect
- GPS toggle has been replaced with a Location toggle
- Samsung clock app has a new Desk Clock tab
- Samsung KNOX security
- Google Now experience
- Faster performance
- Better battery life
- Many others
Download KitKat Firmware for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210
The Android 4.4.2 firmware provided below is for Italy but we’ll soon add for more countries as they become available. Stay tuned!
Note: You can download the firmwares from here.
South East Europe: SEE-T210XXBNI1-20140926154234.zip
South Africa: XFA-T210XXBNH5-20141027150243.zip
United Arab Emirates: XSG-T210XXBNH5-20141021170759.zip
United Kingdom: BTU-T210XXBNI1-20141021162349.zip
New Zealand: NZC-T210XXBNH5-20141027150153.zip
- Download Odin 3.09: Odin3 v3.09.zip
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Tab 3.
- Charge you Tab to have at least 60% battery.
- Backup your important data and apps.
How to Install
- Extract the firmware zip file.
- Open the Odin folder and launch the program.
- Boot your tab into the Download mode. If you do not know how to do so, here’s the method: turn off your Tab and then press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for about 2-3 seconds. You’ll see a warning screen, just press the Volume Up key to enter Download mode.
- Connect your Tab to your computer using USB cable.
- To indicate a successful connection, the ID:COM port on Odin turns blue and “Added!” in the message box below.
- Now click the AP button on Odin and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked on Odin.
- Take a calm breath and click the Start button on Odin.
- Wait till the installation finished and you see PASS! message on Odin. It might take about 2-4 minutes and your Galaxy Tab 3 will reboot automatically.
When your device boots up, go to Settings> About device to check the firmware version. It should show Android version as 4.4.2.
Should you encounter or notice any issues (like overheating, battery drain, slow performance, WiFi connection, etc.) after updating your Galaxy Tab 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, try the following solution. Please keep in mind that your device’s data on the internal storage will be wiped, so make a backup first.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 3.
- Press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time for 4-5 seconds till you see the device enters the Recovery Mode.
- Using the Volume Down key, highlight wipe data factory reset option and press the Power button and select Yes.
- Now go back to the main menu in Recovery and select reboot system now.
- When your Tab 3 boots up, your device should work fine now.
Want to Root Your Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/T210R?
We now have a working method for rooting and installing TWRP recovery on the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210/T210R running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Just follow our Rooting Tutorial.
Do You Own the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211?
Click here to get the official Android 4.4.2 KK firmware for your device!