Samsung left the clouds of disappointment for the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 users in the USA when they rolled out the KitKat update for the LTE variant of the Tab 3. The WiFi-only variant of this device with the model number SM-T210R had not tasted the chocolate flavor of the Android until recently when Samsung finally decided to roll out the KitKat update to its users in the USA. The SM-T210R get the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update with the build name T210RUEU0CNI1 and can be updated via an OTA update or Samsung Kies.
The latest update brings white icons atop of the transparent notification bar which reflects the same Samsung TouchWiz. The lock screen shortcuts experienced a little makeover with the addition of the camera shortcut and the music widget on the lock screen is also a little revamped. Apart from these, there are minor changes in the UI along with some battery enhancement and performance boosting fixes. The update, however, may not be reachable to all the users due to various reasons and you may be one of the unlucky soul in the Android world, so we are here to guide you on how to manually get this update on your device.
This Guide is intended only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 with the model no. SM-T210R, not for any other device of Samsung. Be extra cautious when you choose the firmwares as flashing wrong firmwares might result in a bricked device. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your Note 4 above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging: Link
- Install Required USB Drivers: Link
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T210R 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware from here.
Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Download the 4.4.2 firmware package from the Download link provided above.
- The download file provided is in the form of a Zip package, so extract it to your PC. You should get a file with .tar.md5 format. Don’t extract the Zip file twice, you should use a .tar.md5 file for the guide.
- Now simply follow our dedicated Odin firmware flashing Guide → Click Here
Share your experience with the KitKat flavor on your Galaxy Tab 3 in the comments section below.