Want to download latest official Samsung firmware for your Samsung Galaxy device? It’s very easy to grab firmware for Samsung devices now. Frija, a brand new Samsung firmware download tool for Windows PC is here. Frija v1.3.0 can download Samsung official firmware or Odin files directly from Samsung FUS (Firmware Update Server) at high speed. All you need to know about is the model number of your Samsung Galaxy phone or Tab and the CSC to download the correct firmware. The tool can download BL, AP, CP, CSC, and Home_CSC files to flash it with Odin.
Frija can download the latest Samsung firmware automatically and manually both. If you need to download the latest or even an older version of Samsung device to flash using Odin, Frija is just the perfect firmware download tool for you. In this article, you’ll be able to download Frija and learn how to use it.
There was a time when we had to rely on a few websites to download the latest Samsung firmware. There’s nothing bad in that until those websites started demanding the users to buy a membership plan to get a faster download speed. Since Samsung firmware are very heavy in size (ranging from 4-5GB) depending on the device models, it sometimes took dozens of failed attempts before one could download the firmware for Samsung Galaxy devices.
It’s time to say goodbye to third-party firmware download websites. You don’t need to buy a membership or pay a one-time fee to download the firmware for your Samsung device. You don’t need to browse any index of Samsung firmware or search for the firmware file. Frija is a completely free tool that you’ll love for sure and if you do, do consider show a gesture of appreciation for the developer wssyncmldm by making a donation via PayPal. Other contributors behind this awesome Samsung firmware download tool include eragon5779 and CrazyApe18 from the XDA forums. Before we begin, let’s do a detailed comparison between SamFirm and Frija.
Frija vs SamFirm
Frija is far better than SamFirm firmware download tool in many ways. The striking drawback of SamFirm is that it has been depreciated or discontinued. As a result, it won’t be updated any more. On the other hand, Frija is a new tool that keeps receiving updates to make the tool better and more user-friendly which it already is.
Moreover, Frija doesn’t require Microsoft .NET Framework to run as SamFirm does. It has a better user interface or GUI than SamFirm. In SamFirm, we had to make another attempt if the firmware download got interrupted due to network issues. Frija lets you resume interrupted download process and even pause it. The tool does not have any sneaky background processes that steal your personal data.
Are you a night or dark mode lover? Frija got you covered too. It lets you switch between the light and night modes with a single click. Sounds awesome, isn’t it? Frija has more things to brag about itself! It allows you to update itself using the built-in updater. Also, if you get some problem with the tool, you can ask for support from the developer directly right from its interface. Frija is a portable firmware download tool. That means you don’t need to install it on your PC. It’s compatible with both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) architecture of Windows.
Download Frija v1.3.0
Before you can download the firmware for your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, you need to download the Samsung firmware download tool itself. Just download the latest version of Frija, that is v18.104.22.168 from below and extract the zip file on your Windows PC’s desktop.
Using Frija Samsung Firmware Download Tool
Frija really makes Samsung official firmware download for Odin a breeze. It has a clean UI and it’s a very easy-to-use Samsung firmware download tool.
- Having downloaded Frija, unzip the downloaded zip file and open the folder.
- Double-click ‘Frija.exe‘ to run it and wait for the program to launch.
- To download the latest Samsung firmware for your device, leave the ‘Auto‘ option enabled. Click on the ‘Model‘ field and enter the model number of your Samsung phone or tablet device.
- If you don’t know the model number of your Samsung device, you can find it out by going to Settings> About phone.
- The next thing you need is the CSC code of your Samsung device. To find out the CSC, open the phone dialer on your device and dial *#1234#. You’ll then be able to see the AP, CP and CSC version of your device’s software. Learn more about Samsung CSC in our detailed tutorial.
- The first 3 letters followed by your device’s model number in the CSC section, is the CSC of your device. There’s yet another way to find out the CSC. Go to Settings> About phone> Software information and scroll down to Service provider SW ver. You’ll find it there (see screenshot).
- Note it down, click the CSC field in Frija and type the 3-letter CSC code.
- Once you have entered the model number and CSC of your Samsung device, click the ‘Check Update‘ button in Frija. The firmware download tool will check for the Samsung firmware update for your device and show you the latest firmware version that’s available for you. As you can see below, Frija is showing the version of AP, CP, and CSC for my Galaxy S9+. It’ll also show the size of the firmware file and the OS version.
- Just click the ‘Download‘ button to download the official Samsung firmware Odin files for your device. When the tool asks you to select a destination location to save the firmware zip file, obey it.
If you got a fast internet connection, Frija v1.3.0 will download the stock firmware in no time.
Editor’s Pick: Extract Samsung PIT File from Samsung Firmware
Frija Firmware Download Tool Manual Mode
With Frija’s ‘Auto‘ mode, you can download the latest Samsung firmware. In case you want to download an older version of stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy device, you should try the ‘Manual‘ mode in Frija. Please note that you will need the PDA or AP, CP or Phone and the CSC version of the firmware you want to download.
- Extract the downloaded Frija zip, open the folder and launch Frija tool.
- Select the ‘Manual‘ option in Frija.
- Fill in the device model number and the CSC code in the corresponding fields.
- Then click the PDA, CSC and Phone fields in Frija and type the corresponding values there.
- Then click the ‘Check Update‘ button. If you entered everything correctly, Frija will show you the specific Samsung firmware version.
- Just hit the download button wait until the firmware download is complete.
That’s it! The downloaded firmware download zip file will contain BL, AP, CP, CSC, and Home_CSC files inside. Unzip the firmware zip and then you can flash Samsung firmware binaries using Samsung Odin.
As I told above, Frija has a ‘night mode’ or dark theme and you can enable it easily by clicking the 3-dot menu icon on the right-left corner of the app window. You’ll also get the support option there, in case you want to report an issue to the developer of the tool.
Okay, that was all I cay about Frija, Samsung firmware download tool. Try it and you’ll really find it better than SamFirm.