SamFirm is a tool to download latest Samsung firmware directly from Samsung servers. In this tutorial, we’ll tell you how to use the latest SamFirm to download Odin firmware binaries for your region or country according to CSC or product code. Download this Samsung firmware download tool (SamFirm_v0.3.6.zip) from below.
Many users, especially youngsters, like to play with their phones by tinkering with options found under device settings, trying different apps, mods, patches, ROMs, and exploits. Doing such things on their phones has become a favorite pastime for many smartphone users these days. Since activities like trying different mods and ROMs sometimes create a mess, you may need to flash the stock firmware on your phone to restore it and make usable.
On the other hand, many people just get a phone and use it as long as they want without involving into any activities that can be risky because either they don’t have an interest or time for such things. However, despite keeping away from risky stuff, they sometimes get into situations when installing the official firmware remains the only lifesaving option for their phone.
Whether your device has started misbehaving or has been caught into a bootloop, you can easily restore it to stock and fix such issues. While it’s not very easy to get the stock firmware for the devices by some manufacturers, it’s always easy to get the official ROMs for Samsung Galaxy devices. There are many sites which provide firmware download links, but downloading firmware from there might be a hell of a job, especially if you don’t have a super fast and stable data connection. Moreover, such sites don’t support resume download feature.
If you have been feeling frustrated trying to download a 1/2GB firmware all day without success, there’s now a very convenient utility available to make the job real easy-peasy thing.
The name of the tool is SamFirm and it has been developed by XDA member zxz0O0. Actually, it’s an old tool, but we came to know about is just a few weeks ago. SamFirm works on Windows PC only and today, we’re here to tell you how to use the tool and download the firmware for your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet.
Download Latest Samsung Firmware
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet. Please note that a correct firmware is one that matches your device model and the country/region from where you purchased and using it. To do so, find out your device model by going to Settings> About device > Model Number and note it down. Next, you’ll need to find out the CSC code of your device. CSC codes are region and carrier/network operator specific.
If your phone is not SIM-locked or carrier-branded, you can install any unbranded firmware that matches your device model regardless of CSC match. However, if your Galaxy device is carrier branded, you must install a firmware that matches your device’s CSC or you’ll brick it.
Using Samfirm to Download Latest Samsung Firmware
- Download Samfirm v0.3.6 tool. We have also added the Drive link as a mirror.
- Make sure you have a working and stable data connection.
- Extract SamFirm_v0.3.6.zip on your desktop.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click SamFirm.exe to launch it.
- Please note that SamFirm requires Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your computer to run. Therefore, if you are prompted by the tool to install the framework, do so.
- When SamFirm is launched, you’ll see a window like shown below.
- Now type your phone’s model number in the Model field in SamFirm. In my case, I am downloading the latest firmware for my Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F. You can find your Samsung phone’s model number under Settings> About device.
- Then click Region and type the appropriate CSC or Country Specific Code for your country, region or carrier. The CSC code is a localization-based 3-character value.
- Anyway, now check Auto option in Samfirm.
- After that, click the Check Update button.
- Wait for a few seconds and you’ll see the details of the firmware including the Android and build versions appear in the message box (see the screenshot above).
- Finally, click the Download button in SamFirm.
- Now select the location where you want to save the firmware file.
- Wait until the firmware download is completed.
- When the firmware is downloaded, you’ll get the firmware file in a zip package: SM-G965F_1_20181031161840_7hxh23rjwy_fac.zip
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- You’ll get the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension. If you own a new Samsung device, you can get four files inside the extracted folder.
You have successfully downloaded Samsung firmware for your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet using Samfirm firmware downloader tool.