The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 was launched a year ago with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. Like most other Samsung Tabs, it was released in different variants. Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 sports a 7-inch display with 600 x 1024 pixels resolution, Marvell PXA869 chipset, Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 3.15 MP main and 1.3 MP front camera, and Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery.
Since its release, the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 did not receive any major OS upgrade but finally Samsung has started rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the device. If you own the SM-T211 (3G+WiFi) model of the device and have not yet received the KitKat OTA update notification, it’s time to get the latest software update manually.
The users of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 in Italy have reported getting the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update lately. Today we have come with the stock KitKat firmware for Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 with build version T211XXBNF5. In case you want to update your tab manually, you can get it without waiting. Since the available firmware is unbranded, it can be installed on any SM-T211 that is not locked to a network operator.
If you have decided to get the latest version of Android on your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, here are a few things that you need to do beforehand:
- Download the firmware file and extract the zip.: ITV-T211XXBNF5-20140703170455.zip
- Also, download and install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. In case you have Kies installed, you can skip installing the drivers but make sure Kies remains close while you use the procedure described below.
- Also, download Odin and extract the zip: Odin3 v3.09.zip
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Tab 3. Follow these instructions if you do not know how to do so.
- Updating with Android 4.4.2 will not wipe your device but we would still recommend you to backup your apps and data.
Update Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 with Android 4.4.2
Now here’s is how you can install the stock Samsung firmware on your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0:
- Extract the firmware zip file to find the actual firmware with .tar.md5 extension.
- Open the Odin folder and launch the program.
- Now boot your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 into the Download mode: turn it off and then press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for about 2-3 seconds. You’ll see a warning screen, just press the Volume Up key to enter Download mode.
- Connect your Tab to your computer using USB cable.
- The ID:COM port on Odin will turn blue when your devices gets detected.
- Now click the AP button on Odin and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked on Odin.
- Take a calm breath and click the Start button on Odin.
- Wait till the installation is done. It might take about 2-4 minutes.
- Your device will reboot automatically.
When your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 boots up, go to Settings> About device and check the Android version. It should show Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Enjoy!
If you have updated your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to the latest KitKat and have been experiencing issues like device overheating, fast battery drain, a little bit lag and problems with WiFi and data connection, follow the steps given under Recommended head over this guide.
Do You Own the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210?
Click here to get Android 4.4.2 Firmware for your device!