After a round of beta releases for selected users, Samsung finally released the official Nougat builds for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge in mid-January. The Nougat OTA first hit the United Kingdom and then to countries like France, Germany, Norway, Ireland, United Arab Emirates and so on. The OTA, however, was only for the international single-SIM Exynos variant of the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) and S7 Edge (SM-G935F) only.
Since I own the dual-SIM model of the Galaxy S7 Edge and was dying to test the Nougat update on my phone, I flashed the SM-G935F firmware. The firmware installed fine but it broke VoLTE support on the phone. The day finally came when Samsung started releasing the Android 7.0 Nougat update for the dual-SIM model of the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930FD) and S7 Edge (SM-G935FD). If you own a non-rooted S7, you can request the latest Nougat OTA update from Settings> About device> Software update.
Since the official Nougat firmware are out for SM-G930FD and SM-G935FD models, you can now download and install the Android 7 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge (SM-G930FD/G935FD) manually. If you don’t know where to download the official firmware and flash them using Odin, this tutorial is just for you. Just follow our detailed guide and you’ll have Android Nougat up and running on your very S7 and S7 Edge.
- Screenshots: Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Nougat
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat Full Firmware Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Install Android 7 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge (SM-G930FD/ G935FD)
- Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Android Nougat and Install TWRP Recovery
- Related Articles:
Screenshots: Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Nougat
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Full Firmware Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Note: the following firmwares can be installed on any dual-SIM model of the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge regardless of country.
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD Nougat Firmware
Philippines (Smart): G930FXXU1DQBW_G930FOLB1DQB8_SMA.zip
Philippines (Globe): G930FXXU1DQBW_G930FOLB1DQB8_GLB.zip
Philippines (Open Line): G930FXXU1DQBW_G930FOLB1DQB8_XTC.zip
Philippines (Sun Cellular): G930FXXU1DQBW_G930FOLB1DQB8_XTE.zip
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935FD Nougat Firmware
Philippines (Smart): G935FXXU1DQBW_G935FOLB1DQB7_SMA.zip
Philippines (Open Line): G935FXXU1DQBW_G935FOLB1DQB7_XTC.zip
Philippines (Globe): G935FXXU1DQBW_G935FOLB1DQB7_GLB.zip
Install Android 7 Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge (SM-G930FD/ G935FD)
Already downloaded the firmware? Now, follow the instructions given below carefully.
- Download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and extract it on your desktop.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on your desktop. You’ll find 5 files with .tar.md5 extension inside the extracted folder. You can use 7Zip, WinRar, Power Archiver, etc. for the job.
- Make sure you have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- The Nougat firmware will wipe the internal storage of your Galaxy S7, so don’t forget to backup your apps, images, videos, messages, contacts and other data before proceeding.
- Having made the preparations, turn off your Galaxy S7 and press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot your phone into the Download mode. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key.
- When your phone gets into the Download mode, open the Odin folder and launch the .exe file to launch it.
- Now connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable.
- The ID:COM port on Odin will be highlighted as soon as your device is detected.
- Now click the BL button, navigate to the firmware folder and add BL_G935FXXU1DQAZ_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to it.
- Then click the AP button and add AP_G935FXXU1DQAZ_REV00_user_low_ship_meta.tar.md5 file to it. Since the AP file is huge in size, it might take some time for it to be added in Odin.
- Click the CP button and add CP_G935FXXU1DQAF_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5.
- Installing the CSC_ODD_G935FODD1DQAZ_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file will wipe your phone’s data. If you don’t want that, add the HOME_CSC file to the CSC field.
- Make sure your Odin screen looks like my screenshot and then click the Start button.
- The firmware installation will take some minutes to finish, so wait patiently until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable.
- Your device will take about 5-7 minutes to boot up normally after the firmware installation.
You will then be greeted by the welcome setup screen.
Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Android Nougat and Install TWRP Recovery
Want to root your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge (SM-G930FD/SM-G935FD) on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware? Here’s our tested rooting tutorial.