January 15 was the date when Samsung started releasing the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA in UK and since then things have been happening very fast. Usually, the carrier-branded models of Samsung devices get the latest software updates much later than international variants but this time, the scenario is a bit different. AT&T has not started rolling out the official Nougat update for the Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge but the Nougat OTA zip with build version UCU4BQA4 has been spotted by some users. And if you want to get the latest update, here’s a detailed guide to help you get Android 7.0 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge (SM-G930A/ G935A).
As you know AT&T does not make full firmwares available, but as it happens, some users manage to capture the OTA zips and share them at forums. This time, XDA member Jimmyvb98 has shared the OTAs and by flashing them in consecutive order, you can finally enjoy the official Nougat on your AT&T Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge.
I have been very careful in laying out the steps described in the tutorial and you’re supposed to follow them carefully. It’s a good idea to clear any doubts that you might have regarding the guide before proceeding. Your phone must be fully stock to flash the OTA files. In case you have a rooted AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge, you can flash the G935AUCS4APK1 firmware provided below and then you can flash the G935AUCU4BQA4 OTA zip or can install the Nougat OTA from Settings> About device> and check for software update.
- Download Official Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Verizon Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V)
UPDATE: AT&T S7/S7 Edge Android Oreo Update Available
Before you proceed, here’re a few preparations you need to make so that things go smoothly for you.
- Backup all your data and apps using Smart Switch as a precaution so that they are safe in case something goes wrong after flashing the OTA zips.
- Go to Settings> Personal> Lockscreen and security> Find my mobile and turn off Reactivation Lock.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging (this is just as a precaution).
- If you have disabled some system apps, go to Settings> Applications and enable them or OTA installation may fail.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S7 is fully charged.
- You will also need an external micro SD card.
Update: March 15, 2017
No need to download the OTAs as the official Nougat firmware is available now. Click the link below:
Download OTA Zips for AT&T Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A)
Note: Please read this before you start downloading the OTA zip files linked below. Go to Settings> About device> Software info and check your phone current firmware version. Suppose your Galaxy S7’s firmware version is G930AUCU2APD1, you need to download all 6 files (from v2 to v7) listed below. However, if your phone is currently on G930AUCU2APG1, for example, start downloading from v5 onwards. You have to install the files in the same order as they appear in the list.
- v2 (G930AUCU2APD1) to v3 (G930AUCS2APE1) update zip
- v3 (G930AUCS2APE1) to v4 (G930AUCS2APF2) update zip
- v4 (G930AUCS2APF2) to v5 (G930AUCU2APG1) update zip
- v5 (G930AUCU2APG1) to v6 (G930AUCS2APH1) update zip
- v6 (G930AUCS2APH1) to v7 (G930AUCS4API2) update zip
- v6 (G930AUCS2API2) to v7 (G930AUCS4APJ4) update zip
- From PJ4, you need to update to PK1 before flashing the Nougat OTA provided below. Having flashed the PJ4 update Zip, so to Settings> About device and check fo system update to go to PK1 and then install the following file.
- v7 (G930AUCS4APK1) to (G930AUCU4BQA4) update zip
Here’s the order in which you have to install the update zip files: PD1> PE1> PF2> PG1> PH1> PI2> PJ4> PK1> QA4.
Must Read: Now you don’t need to download and install all OTA zips from PD1> PE1> PF2> PG1> PH1> PI2> PJ4> PK1. Just download the G930AUCS4APK1 full firmware files and install them using Odin (see this guide). After that, just flash the v7 (G930AUCS4APK1) to (G930AUCU4BQA4) OTA update zip file from above.
Having downloaded the following firmware files, extract all 4 .RAR files to get the following files.
Thus you can go to PK1 directly from any firmware version and then get to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Download OTA Zips for AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A)
Please read this before you start downloading the OTA zip files linked below. Go to Settings> About device> Software info and check your phone current firmware version. Suppose your Galaxy S7 Edge’s firmware version is G935AUCU2APD1, you need to download all 8 files (from v2 to v9) listed below. However, if your phone is currently on G935AUCS2APH1, for example, start downloading from v6 onwards. You have to install the files in ascending order using the steps in the tutorial below.
- v2 (G935AUCU2APD1) to v3 (G935AUCS2APE1) update zip
- v3 (G935AUCS2APE1) to v4 (G935AUCS2APF2) update zip
- v4 (G935AUCS2APF2) to v5 (G935AUCU2APG1) update zip
- v5 (G935AUCU2APG1) to v6 (G935AUCS2APH1) update zip
- v6 (G935AUCS2APH1) to v7 (G935AUCS4API2) update zip
- v7 (G935AUCS4API2) to v8 (G935AUCU4APJ4) update zip
- v8 (G935AUCS4APJ4) to (G935AUCU4BQA4) zip (Nougat)
- v9 (G935AUCS4APK1) to (G935AUCU4BQA4) update zip (Nougat)
If your S7 Edge is running the PJ4 or PK1 firmware, you can skip the QA4 file from above and directly install the newer QA6 build with February security patch based on your current version:
Here’s the order in which you have to install the update zip files: PD1> PE1> PF2> PG1> PH1> PI2> PJ4> QA4 or QA6/PK1> QA4 or QA6
Must read: If you own the AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge, you don’t need to download and install all files from above. You can simply install the G935AUCS4APK1 firmware using Odin and then flash the G935AUCU4BQA6 update zip from above via stock recovery (see instructions below). Please note that installing the firmware will wipe your phone apps and data.
- Download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and extract it.
- Also download the firmware file: G935AUCS4APK1.zip | Mirror
- After downloading the firmware, extract the zip. You will find the following 4 files inside: AP_G935AUCS4APK1_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Install the firmware using the steps here.
- Then download SS-G935AUCS4APK1-to-U4BQA6.zip and install it using the steps below. Alternatively, you can go to Settings> About device> Software info, tap the software update option and download and install the Nougat update from there.
Installing the OTA Zips on AT&T Galaxy S7/ S7 Edge via Recovery
- Having downloaded the required OTA Zip files, rename the first file to update.zip. Suppose you downloaded v9SS-G935AUCS4APK1-to-U4BQA4-UP.zip, rename it to update.zip.
- After that, create a new folder in the root directory of your external SD card and rename it to fota.
- Copy the update.zip file to the fota folder you created earlier.
- Finally, power off your device.
- Now reboot your S7/S7 Edge into the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time until you get into the stock recovery.
- Having entered the recovery mode, select apply update from external storage option (use the Volume rockers to navigate and the Power button to select).
- Then, navigate to the fota folder on your external SD card and select the update.zip file.
- Finally, click Yes to apply.
- When the file it’s installed, reboot your phone using reboot system now option.
- When your phone boots up, rename the next file to update.zip and copy it to the fota folder.
- Install the file using the same steps you flashed the first file.
- Keep repeating the same steps until you have flashed the QA4 (Nougat update) file.
Having flashed the last OTA Zip file (QA4), your AT&T Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge will have the all-new Android 7.0 Nougat installed on it. Enjoy!