Samsung has been rolling out the long-awaited Android 7.0 Nougat OTA for a week now. The users of EE in the UK were the first to report receiving the new update. Download the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge from below and follow the flashing procedure.
If you own the Samsung Galaxy S6 or S7 Edge with model number SM-G930F/FD or SM-G935F/FD, you need not wait for Samsung to push the Nougat update to your phone. Yes, you can download the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for the Galaxy S7 right now from our links below.
So, let’s get started without wasting more time.
Install TWRP & Root Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Nougat
Want to root your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge (SM-G930F/SM-G935F/SM-G930FD/SM-G935FD) on the newly installed Android 7.0 Nougat firmware build G935FXXU1DPLT? Here’s our tested rooting tutorial.
Update: Nougat Firmware for Dual-SIM S7/S7 Edge Available Now!
If you own the dual-SIM models (SM-G930FD/ G935FD) of the Galaxy S7, firmwares for India, Russia, and UAE are available for download now.
Download Nougat Firmware for Galaxy S7 and S7Edge
Update: The links for the official Android nougat firmware are available now, you can download them from below too.
Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F
United Kingdom: G930FXXU1DQB3_G930FOXA1DQB1_BTU.zip
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F
United Kingdom: G935FXXU1DPLT_G935FOXA1DPLT_BTU.zip
South Africa: G935FXXU1DQBO_G935FOJV1DQB7_XFE.zip
Install Android Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Having downloaded the firmware, follow the steps given below to install the Nougat firmware on your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
- Download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and extract it on your desktop.
- Make sure you have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Installing the Nougat firmware on your S7 will wipe its apps and data. You’re, therefore, advised to backup your apps and data before proceeding.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware zip on your desktop. If you downloaded BTU firmware, for example, you will get 5 files (.tar.md5 extension) inside the extracted folder. AP_G935FXXU1DPLT_CL10273029_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Now turn off your Galaxy S7 and press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot your phone into the Download mode. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key.
- When your phone gets into the download mode, open the Odin folder and launch the .exe file to launch it.
- Now connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable.
- The ID:COM port on Odin will be highlighted as soon as your device is detected.
- Now click the BL button, navigate to the firmware folder and add the file that starts with BL in its name.
- Then click the AP button and add the corresponding file to it. Since the AP file is huge in size, it might take some time for it to be added in Odin.
- Installing the CSC_ODD_G935FODD1DQAZ_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file will wipe your phone’s data. If you don’t want that, add the HOME_CSC file to the CSC field.
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation and wait until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. Whenever you install new firmware, your device takes about 5-7 minutes to boot up normally.
You will then be greeted by the welcome setup screen. You already know what to do now!