Being the current flagship, the Galaxy S7 was entitled to be the first Samsung phone to receive the latest Nougat roll out from the OEM and the thing has been happening since 13th January when the international and Dual-SIM variants of the device got the Android 7 update. As it usually happens, the US variants by Samsung receive latest software updates much later that the international models, the Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile models of the phone are now getting the update. Today, we’ll see how we can install the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Verizon Galaxy S7 /S7 Edge (SM-G930V/G935V) manually using Odin.
In case, your Verizon S7 is on the PI3 version of Marshmallow firmware, you can request the Nougat OTA by going to Settings> About device> Software update.
However, if your phone is rooted or you are unable to receive the Nougat OTA for some other reason, you can update your Verizon Galaxy S7 (SM-G930V) or S7 Edge (SM-G935V) right now by installing the full Nougat firmware provided below.
New Features in Android 7.0 Nougat Update for Verizon Galaxy S7
Android 7.0 Nougat is definitely a big update that brings a host of new features, improvements, fresher and simpler UI and new ways to customize your S7/S7 Edge.
- Better battery management: Maximize your battery’s potential wit the new battery management feature. Customizable presets for Medium power and Maximum power saving modes are now available. The App Power Monitor detects inactive apps still using the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Multitasking becomes easier: You can now enjoy multitasking by viewing 2 apps with the new split screen feature on Android Nougat now supports split screen, side by side viewing of any 2 apps. You can enjoy split screen by tapping the Recents button and then by tapping the split screen view icon for the desired apps.
- New effects preview screen: Now, you can preview all available effects and filters while taking a picture. To view the effects, just swiping left to right after launching the camera app. Moreover, you can also download new effects by tapping the download link on top.
- Customize Always On Display: You can now set any image saved in your Gallery on your Always On Display directly from the Gallery app.
- Safe browsing experience with Samsung Pass: The feature is available in Samsung Internet app and it allows you to take advantage of the Samsung Pass and the fingerprint scanner for website logins. Also, you need not remember multiple login details for various sites or apps as Samsung Pass securely stores your login credentials.
- Performance Mode: You can now improve your phone’s performance whenever you want using the Performance Mode that allows you to choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High-performance modes to optimize battery consumption and improve device performance.
- New keyboard with better language predictions: The new keyboard is configured updates language data automatically and provide better predictions.
- Configure automatic access to Wi-Fi: You can now enable or disable automatic reconnection to secure wireless routers or hotspots.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware for Verizon Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
Verizon S7 (SM-G930V):
Download G930VVRU4BQK4 firmware (latest)
Verizon S7 Edge (SM-G935V):
Install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Verizon Galaxy S7 /S7 Edge
Already downloaded the firmware file for your Verizon Galaxy S7? Great! Just follow the easy steps described below to install it.
- Download Odin3_v3.12.3.zip and extract it on your desktop.
- Make sure you have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer.
- Go to Settings> Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Backup your apps and data before proceeding.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware zip on your desktop. You will get 5 files (with .tar.md5 extension) inside the extracted folder. AP_G935VVZW4BQA2_CL10273029_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Now turn off your Galaxy S7 and press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at simultaneously for 2-3 seconds to boot your phone into the Download mode. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key.
- When your phone gets into the Download mode, open the Odin folder and launch the .exe file to launch it.
- Now connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable.
- The ID:COM port on Odin will be highlighted as soon as your device is detected.
- Now click the BL button in Odin, navigate to the firmware folder and add the file that starts with BL in its name.
- Then click the AP button and add the corresponding file to it. Since the AP file is huge in size, it might take some time for it to be added in Odin.
- Now click the CP add the CP file to it.
- Finally click the CSC button and add the CSC file to it. Please note that if you select the HOME_CSC file, the apps and data on your phone will not be wiped. However, of you wish to wipe your phone, select the file that starts with CSC in its name.
- Make sure your Odin screen looks like my screenshot.
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation and wait until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- Now, disconnect the USB cable and wait patiently until your phone boots up. The first boot might take about 5-7 minutes so don’t panic.
You will then be greeted by the welcome setup screen. You already know what to do now! Enjoy all new Android Nougat on your Verizon Galaxy S7 /S7 Edge.