Leaked firmwares are common nowadays, and the most popular amongst these leaks are those of Samsung devices. Following the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, several OEMs started to roll out the latest update for their flagships, while those which had their release planned were flowed too, with leaks. Most of these firmwares are previews or beta builds of the upcoming release that are about to follow. You can use these leaked ROMs to get a snippet of the features that are about to come over with the official release, but on the sake of stability or even bugs.
Lately we have attempted to install a surprise leak of Lollipop firmware on the Galaxy Note 3, which has gained popularity over time. And recently we’ve been glad to observe that the official Android 5.0 Lollipop has been released for Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900). The official build is a direct release from Samsung with all the Lollipop features along with it and is already claimed to be stable.
Device name: GALAXY Note 3
Version: Android 5.0
Build date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 16:11:27 +0000
Product Code: SER
So, if you have been awaiting for long, this is your time. Let us help you install official Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
Installing firmwares with Odin flasher program could damage your device if done wrong. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your Galaxy Note 3.
- Install Samsung drivers on your PC: Link
- Do not forget to enable USB Debugging on your Note 3. See here to know how to do it.
- Download the Odin package from the link below and extract it to a suitable location: Odin3 v3.10.zip
- Backup all your device’s content, this includes storage, SMS, contacts etc.
- Charge your Note 3 to at least 60% battery life to avoid any uncertain shutdowns during the procedure.
Download Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware:
Note: The firmware provided below is for Russia. However, since it’s unbranded, it can be installed on any Galaxy Note 3 with model number SM-N900 that is not locked to a network operator. More firmwares will be added as they are available.
Install Lollipop Firmware on Galaxy Note 3
Below you’ll find quick steps to install the stock firmware on your Galaxy Note 3 but if you want a more detailed guide, please click here.
- Open the folder where the Odin package was extracted and double-click on Odin3 v3.09.exe to start the Odin program.
- Power off your Note 3. Press and hold, Home + Volume Down + Power buttons altogether until you see the download mode.
- Now when your device is in download mode, connect it to the PC via USB cable.
- The Odin program will detect the device and display the corresponding port ID, if it doesn’t, make sure to reinstall your smartphone drivers again.
- Make sure F.Reset Time and Auto Reboot are ticked. And everything else is unticked.
- Click on the AP button, browse to the location where the firmware file was placed and select it.
- Click on Start to initiate the process, it will take a while to complete.
- When done, a PASS message will show up and,the Note 3 will reboot itself automatically.
- You can now disconnect the device and close the program.
Wait till you are greeted by the new Samsung bootanimation followed by “Android is upgrading…” message. So now you finally have Official Android 5.0 Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. What difference have you noticed from the leaked firmware? Is it just better or way better. Tell us and share your views via comments below. Your feedback is valuable to us and will help us build a better community.
Fix Bootloop and Performance Related Issues
If you encounter a bootloop or issues like battery drain, overheating and performance lag, try performing a data factory reset from stock recovery.
Have you installed Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 already and now want to root it too? Follow the link below.