Lollipop was the favorite candy for the Android fans last Christmas and the taste continues this new year too. Many Android devices had already got their share of the candy named OS in the past few months either in the form of official or leaked firmware and other popular ROM builds like CyanogenMod. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE users had already tasted the leaked Lollipop firmware a few days back which shows the insights of Lollipop on Note 3. You can see the Lollipop installation guide of Note 3 SM-N9005 from the link below:
Now it’s time for another variant of the Note 3, the SM-N900 which is the 3G variant of the Note 3. The official Lollipop update for the Note is underway from Samsung but there is no word on when it will land in the market. The update is bulky as all the other Lollipop firmware weighing at 1.13 GB which packs all the Lollipop features. Being a Samsung device, the Note 3 firmware comes in the Towuchwiz flavor rather than the stock vanilla flavor. Samsung modifications to the stock OS is indeed exciting but it beefs up the simple layouts which consume a huge chunk of your device’s resources. The leak looks promising and many users at XDA reported positively and you take a quick peek of the Lollipop on Note 3 from the screenshots below:
The firmware is an Odin flashable firmware, so you can easily flash it in one click with the Odin tool without the need of nerdy commands. If you’re familiar with the Odin flash tool, it’s a piece of cake to install the Lollipop firmware but if you’re new to it, carefully follow the detailed procedure given below to avoid any hassles.
This Guide is intended only for the Galaxy Note 3 devices with the model number SM-N900, not for any other device of Samsung. Be extra cautious when you choose the firmware builds as flashing wrong firmware might result in a bricked device. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process, we shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your Galaxy Note 3 above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging
- Install Required USB Drivers
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS, EFS (if you got root), etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
The official Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware is available now.
Lollipop Firmware [N900XXUGBNL8 5.0.7z]
Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 – Installation steps
- Download and extract the firmware file on your computer. It’s a multi-file firmware, so you’ll get a bunch of files in the package.
- Download and extract the Odin file in the same location where you have extracted the firmware package.
- Double-click on Odin3 v3.09.exe to start the flashing tool.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and everything else is unchecked. Then load the files in their respective fields as shown below.
Note: Don’t load the PIT file inside the firmware zip as it will re-partition the device which would be extremely unnecessary and additional risk.
- Boot your device into download mode:
- Power off your phone.
- Now press the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons altogether until you see the warning screen, use the power button to confirm and enter Download Mode.
- Connect the device to the PC using a USB cable.
- As soon as you connect, the Odin window will display the acquired ID:COM port on the top-left and message box shall display Added!! message.
- Click on Start and the process will begin.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the flashing process and upon completion will display a PASS!! message.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 will reboot automatically after the process is finished.
That’s it. The initial boot will take a tad longer than usual, so grab a coffee or take a bite while the device boots you to the initial Lollipop setup.
Leave your valuable comments below for any queries regarding the tutorial.
Don’t Miss: How to NAND Erase Samsung Devices in Odin