After spending a handsome amount of money on a flagship smartphone, we have all rights to expect exquisite performance from it. The flagship from any OEM is supposed to pack together the best software and hardware from it, that determine its performance, camera picture and audio quality and battery life.
The LG G2 is the very device that has successfully brought its maker back to fight in the market where it was lagging far behind its competitors. LG G2 is definitely one of best smartphones on earth and its popularity is based on solid grounds. However, there are certain departments where LG could have done a better job, especially camera picture quality and audio experience.
- Get Faster Performance on LG G2 by Fixing Lag Issue
- How to Remove Bloat Apps on LG G2 Bloatware + Safe to Remove Apps
- Enjoy Louder Speaker and Headphone Volume on LG G2
If you are a proud LG G2 owner and are not satisfied with a music quality of your phone, we have come with a solution for you. As you know, when it comes to multimedia experience, Sony Xperia devices rule the scene. In the past we have shared Xperia experience mods for a range of devices. And now it’s the turn of LG G2 users!
XDA member pendroz has successfully ported the Sony Xperia Walkman Module on LG G2. Having installed the Walkman app from Xperia Z1, you will be able to enjoy the Walkman audio on your LG G2. Here are the features of the Xperia Module for G2:
- Walkman player
- Sound Enhancement
- Clear Audio+
- Clear Bass
- Clear Stereo
- Dynamic Normalizer
- Surround Sound VPT
- Walkman Music Widget
- ReBuilding Audio conf.
- Minor Changes and Audio Tweaks
- LG G2 with root access
- CWM/TWRP recovery installed on it
- Compatible with LG G2 stock and Flex based ROMs
- The Xperia Walkman Module works on all G2 variants and has been tested on D800, D801, D802, D803, D805, LS980, and VS980
If you have not yet rooted your LG G2, you can follow our detailed tutorial to do that:
How to Install:
- Download WalkmanG2.zip from above and copy the zip to your LG G2.
- Reboot your LG G2 into CWM/TWRP recovery mode.
- The most important step before doing anything should be to backup your current ROM so that you can restore it later in case anything goes wrong.
- Tap the Install option and select WalkmanG2.zip.
- Confirm installation.
- When the mod is flashed, Reboot system.
Your LG G2 will boot up. Open app drawer and tap the Walkman icon there. Plug-in your earphone and start enjoying the Sony Xperia Walkman on your LG G2. Cheers!