LG G4 was already out in the streets and rocking the market with cutting-edge specs and beautiful design which is soon believed to dethrone the Galaxy S6 if the conditions are as expected. Meanwhile, the much older LG G2 is still attracting humble support from the developers which is keeping many G2 users satisfied with their device. Using Auto Rec, you can easily root LG G2 on Android Lollipop firmware and flash TWRP custom recovery. The Android Lollipop has been rolled out to the LG G2 a few months ago which is a moment of joy for the G2 users. However, the Lollipop update has raised issues with few of the popular rooting techniques but luckily there are some new methods to root the device. If you're looking for a way to root LG G2 on Android Lollipop, you should take a look at the simple one-click root tool for LG devices which we've covered earlier.
Download Auto-Rec AppLG G2 D800 AT&T LG G2 D801 T-Mobile LG G2 D802 International LG G2 VS980 Verizon LG G2 LS980
Steps to Root LG G2 on Android Lollipop
- Download the Auto Rec app and install it on your device. Make sure you've enabled app installations from Unknown sources from the security settings of the device.
- Open the app from the app drawer, you'll see a simple interface as shown in the screenshot below:
- On initial use, the app will make few backups, so kindly wait until you see a prompt saying the recovery is ready to flash.
- Now simply click on the Flash TWRP button and grant SuperSU permissions when prompted.
- Once the flashing is completed, you can switch off the device and boot into recovery mode.