Android operating system is at the epicentre of the growing smartphone trend and it is becoming sweeter and sweeter with every new version. Unlike proprietary mobile OS like the Windows and iOS, Android offers a great flexibility in tweaking the OS to make it better and efficient. The best part is that Android is open source and anyone with passion towards Android can get their hands dirty.
Rooting is one of the basic but the most important step in the journey of Android development. It gives the ultimate power and control over the device to the user which allows tweaking the inner most layers of the OS. Rooting a device is usually simple but it can be hectic at times which makes the users crave for a one-click script/tool which will do the job in one click.
Recently, we’ve posted an guide on How to root LG devices on KitKat and Lollipop firmwares which covers a lot of LG devices. The procedure was simple but you’ve to type-in few commands which might be annoying sometimes. Luckily, avicohh of XDA had written a simple script which root your LG device on KitKat and Lollipop firmware in one click. The script should work on any LG device running KitKat/Lollipop but currently the following devices are confirmed working:
- LG G3 (all variants)
- LG G3 Beat
- LG G2 ( all variants)
- LG G2 Mini
- LG G Pro 2
- LG G Pad
- LG F60
- LG L90
- LG Tribute
- LG Spirit
- LG Volt
- LG G Vista
If you’re eager to try the script, download it from below and check the quick process on how to use the one-click script on your LG device. You can try the root exploit even if your LG device is not listed above.
- LG One-click Root script: LG_One_Click_Root_v1.3.msi
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your computer. Skip the step if you have already installed the drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone by going to Developer options under device Settings.
One-Click Root Script for LG Devices
The tool has now been updated to version 1.3 and it now has a graphical UI. I wrote the instructions when the tool was released. The new tool is pretty easy to use. All you need to do is to install the tool, run it, plug you device to PC, run the tool and click the Start button. We recommend you use the new tool.
Instructions for Version 1.2
- Download the script file above and extract to any accessible location on your PC.
- Connect your device to PC using an USB cable and make sure the device is detected.
- Double click on the LG Root Script.bat file to run the script.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
Here are some of the debugging methods if there are any issues while using the one-click root script
- If the phone was not recognized, try to switch between MTP and PTP options.
- If you got MSVCR100.dll is missing error, install Visual C++ Re-distributable on your PC (Download: 32 bit/64 bit)
If you’ve succeeded to use this script successfully on any other LG device than those listed above, kindly let us know in the comments section below.