Mobile phones have now become our companions who (allow me use this word) live with all all the time even when we say that we are “all alone”. We use it in various walks of life for various purposes and one of the most important roles they play for us is that of an entertainer. They have replaced several older music dedicated gadgets as most of us use our phones to listen to music.
If you are fond of music you must be familiar with Beats Audio which was first embedded into smartphones by HTC. If you have ever listened to the audio quality produced by Beats engine complemented by Beats headphones, you might not like anything else. It is something all smartphone users just pine for.
Thanks to the open source nature of Android and our hard-working developers who make things possible we can only dream of. The Beats Audio manager has already been ported to most high-end Android phones and now it your turn Galaxy S4 users! The credit for this particular port goes to XDA senior member noskojv who has made the Beats Audio mod with Dolby sound available to us.
Earlier we shared a perfectly working method to increase the volume of the Galaxy S4 and now this mod is ready to rock you with excellent music quality! I have been using the Beats Audio mod on my S4 (GT-I9500) and believe me it is better that all equalizers and even the walkman app from the Xperia Z that I have on my phones.
Anyways, if you are a fan of the superior sound quality of Beats engine and want it on your Samsung Galaxy S4, just install it and feel the difference yourself. This mod is based on the Beats libraries and it completely replaces audioconfig Smart file on your device to give a lot better sound output while you listen to music via headphones, speaker and Bluetooth headset. While most third party equalizer apps attempt to process the sound for better quality, the beats mod works on implementing its own configuration by overruling the original MusicFX from Samsung.
The Beats Audio and Dolby mod has been tested on the Exynos (GT-I9500 stock rooted) and Snapdragon (GT-I9505) variants of the Galaxy S4. If you have any of these models, it’ll work for sure. One of my friends has tested it on his T-Mobile S4 and reported positive results. So I think the mod meant for the LTE Galaxy S4 should also work on the US and Canadian versions of the phone (there is no harm in giving it a shot after backing up the ROM).
Preparations & Downloads:
- Since the mod is available as a flashable zip, it requires the presence of root access and a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP on your device. If you have not yet rooted your S4 and are willing to try it, you can root it now using our rooting tutorials for S4 here.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be on stock rooted Odexed or Deodexed firmware or it’ll not work properly.
- Next, download the Beats Audio mod file depending on your phone’s model:
- For Galaxy S4 GT-I9500: BMSound_Full.zip
- For Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 and others: BMSound_Full_S4_LTE.zip
- Copy the zip file to your phone’s internal or external SD card and remember its location.
How to Install:
If you have ever flashed a custom ROM or mod on your device, installing this should not be any problem with you but if you are new to this. Here are the steps using which you can enjoy enhanced audio quality dolby sound with Beats Audio mod for Galaxy S4:
- Turn off your phone and boot it into Recovery mode (CWM/TWRP): press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power keys at the same time for a few seconds till you see the recovery menu.
- Important: Now go to “backup and restore” option and backup your current ROM. Note that this is the only way to roll back from this mod after installing.
- When the backup is done, go back and select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard” and select the zip file.
- Confirm your choice to proceed with installation and when it is complete, go back and select “reboot system now”.
- When the phone boots up, open app drawer and enable the Beats equalizer and configure/tweak the settings as per your preference.
- Now open Settings> My Device> Sound and tap on “Music Effects”. Select “BeatsEQ”.
Finally, installed the Beats Audio equalizer on your Galaxy S4? Do not forget to share with us how it turned for you! If you like it, please share it! Cheers to all!