The audio quality of a smartphone is one of the determining factors users keep in mind while buying a device. The greater amount we spend on a phone, the greater are our expectations from it. Unfortunately, most Android device manufacturers fail to give their users the ultimate audio experience even in their ultimate superphones. Low sound output and no-up-to-the-mark audio quality seems to be glued to Android. You would hardly find users who feel content with the quality and intensity of their phone’s audio.
Thanks to the adventurous nature of Android community that keeps digging into beneath the layers of the system files of Android devices to come with a working compensation for some lacking feature or a solution for an existing issue that has been overlooked by the OEM. If you own a Galaxy device, you must be well familiar with the low sound and poor audio quality of your device. And, keeping in mind that most of us prefer to listen to music on our phones, the desire to have better and louder audio becomes a reasonable wish.
In the past, we have shared several audio mods and workarounds to enhance audio quality on Android devices from Samsung like the Galaxy S3, S4, Note and Note 2. Today, we bring you another good audio mod called MegaBassBeats that significantly enriches the sound quality on the Galaxy S3 and S4. This mod has been made by DeHuMaNiZeD from XDA and is reported working on the following models:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9305
- Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9505
- Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 (should work on other US and Canadian variants too)
Here are the features of the MegaBassBeats mod that you’ll be able to enjoy after installing it on your Galaxy S3/S4-
- Louder audio output in headphones and speaker
- Bass enhancement
- Crispier and clearer sound
- Good audio quality without using DSP Manager
Look for the following files on the source page:
MegaBassBeats Mod Galaxy S3: MegaBassBeatsV2_Sgs3.zip
MegaBassBeats for SGS3 on Android: mbb4.3.zip
MegaBassBeats mod Galaxy S4: mbb_s4_v1.zip
How to Install MegaBassBeats Mod:
Please not that it is a custom mod and therefore it requires root access on your device. Besides, your phone must also have either CWM or TWRP recovery installed on it. In case you are still waiting for a good reason to root your device, head over to our easy and detailed rooting tutorials below:
Okay, here are the steps to install this amazing audio mod on your Galaxy S3 or S4:
- Download the appropriate mod zip file from above and copy it your phone’s internal or external storage (do not unzip).
- Turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up + Home buttons simultaneously and then by keeping the Power key pressed for about 3-4 seconds till the Samsung logo with device name blinks followed by the CWM or TWRP recovery menu.
- The first thing you should always do before installing any custom ROM or mod is to backup your current ROM using backup option in recovery. For safety reasons, always backup ROMs to the external file manager.
- Now go to install option, navigate to the mod zip file and select it.
- Confirm the installation.
- When the file is installed, get back to main menu in recovery and wipe cache partition and dalvik cache.
- Then go to Advanced options and select “fix permissions”.
- Finally reboot the device.
When your device boots up, open music player app and play a song or tune. You should be able to notice significant difference in the audio output quality with louder volume. Enjoy!