We were the first among websites to share the leaked stock wallpapers from the Galaxy S8 that was unveiled a couple of days ago. On the lay of its official launch, we also shared the official stock wallpapers from the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is set to be released globally on April 29 onwards and pre-order registrations have begun too. Meanwhile, if you want to try the stock home launcher apps from the Galaxy S8, you can do so right now because the launcher app APK file is out now.
To install the Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher APK, you must have a Samsung Galaxy device. Since I tried it on my rooted Galaxy S7 Edge running stock Android 7.0 Nougat, I am not very sure if it will work on Samsung phones with Marshmallow or not.
The provided APK can be installed on rooted or non-rooted device alike just like a normal app. Below are some screenshots showing what’s new in the home launcher that comes with Galaxy S8’s new Infinity user interface.
Installing Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher APK on Samsung Devices
Please note that your phone must be running on the stock Samsung firmware. It doesn’t matter if your phone is rooted or not.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Wallpapers (24 Walls) & Ringtones
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Icon Pack
- Install Galaxy S8’s Bixby Assistant on Samsung devices
If you don’t know how to install APK files manually, follow the instructions given below:
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S8 Launcher app and extract the zip: TouchWiz-home_com.sec_.android.app_.launcher.zip | Mirror
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Now open My Files app and navigate to TouchWiz home_com.sec.android.app.launcher.apk file.
- Tap it and then select Install option.
- When the app is installed, open Settings> Applications> Default apps and select TouchWiz Home as you default home launcher.TouchWiz home_com.sec.android.app.launcher
- In case you encounter a blank screen or force close error, go to Settings> Apps> TouchWiz Home and tap it. Then select Storage and tap Clear Data.
You should now be able to enjoy and explore the all new TouchWiz home launcher app from the Galaxy S8 on your Samsung device.
Editor’s pick for you:
- How to Use S-Health App on Rooted Samsung Devices with Tripped KNOX
- Enable Quick Reply from Lockscreen on Samsung Devices Running Nougat
- Customize the Size of Quick Settings Tiles on Samsung Galaxy Devices