Sit back tight and enjoy the ride through the best of the best ICS ROMs on the old, but very much active LG P500! As u all owners out there already know, the phone might be called low-end and might not have any hardware feature to compete with the new flood of 2012 phones. However, its greatest asset is itse Huge community and super-talented developers! Time and again when people lost hope in this phone and thought that it cant get the latest and greatest Android OS, they were proven wrong. This device now boasts of a range of ICS ROMs to choose from, courtesy, the awesome Developers!
The ROMs we are gonna be covering will be :
(Attention: Only Original ROMs are considered. Kitchen work ROMs are not taken into account.)
The original God of all ICS ROMs for the P500. without hephappy, ICS would be a distant dream. But of course, others contributed a lot. I should also mention Lupohrip here, he was the originator!
MIUI for an non-officially supported P500 had been there for some time, but always with compromises and bugs aplenty. Thanks to MIUI.US, the unofficial MIUI partner ( they are mentioned on original MIUI page as partners, but MIUI doesn’t offer direct support to them. AND ATLAST we have official snap series for Our beloved P500 from the miui.us itself ! based on the latestCM9 builds, bugs are gonna be scared!
Oxygen, the bare essential for life. That’s what this is. Giving you what u need and nothing more. what do you need u may ask? well, fastness, smoothness, performance, good battery. And what u don’t need? – BLOAT! This is a minimalistic barebones ROM + awesomeness. The choice for simple souls.
Well, this ROM is the heaven where phone and tablet combine to make a perfect world where u can use the goodies from both, while sacrificing nothing. A perfect world eh ? you’re right about that ! to enter a whole new android world, enter here !
Android Open Kang Project : The big daddy of customization. To all those personalization freaks out there, this is your soul-mate ! Be ready to dive into a whole new ocean of customization menus and settings. heaven before death anyone ?
But you need to be rooted in order to taste the goodies of these tasty treats. Don’t worry, we have you covered !
So first, for the benefit of all, a short ROM installation guide :
- You need to be rooted. If you don’t have root, then go here, read every word carefully, and do accordingly after you have understood it completely. Don’t worry, its very simple. Still facing problems ? feel free to ask any question in the comments ! we wil try our best to reply. 🙂
- You need to have a custom recovery. That’s the easiest part ! (and the most important as well.)
- EASY WAY: All u need to do after you get root is install ROM manager and with a stable internet connection, download and flash CWM(ClockWork Mod) Recovery from the app itself.
- Put ROM zip into the SD card, preferably a folder named AAA or something like that. (for ease of access through recovery)
- Wipe everything/factory reset, format system, data, cache, dalvik cache, etc. through mounts menu in recovery.
- Flash the ROM from SD card through recovery.
NOTE: These are general guidelines common to all ROMs. For more specific method to each ROM, be sure to check the ROMs original thread.
We are not responsible if you brick your phone, destroy your phone, or if your dog eats it because it got so much more tasty ! Nor are we responsible for any thermo-nuclear blasts. By using these ROMs or any for that matter, you are declaring that you know the risks involved and are doing this due to the urge of your own free will. Also you are declaring that you’re a human with a brain which works and thinks.[/box]