Our device manufacturers might be blind to the lag issue but our intelligent Android community is adventurous enough to dig into things deeper and come up with a solution to enrich our mobile experience. XDA member stefan063 has discovered a very good and effective remedy to fix lag issue on LG’s current flagship device, the G2. While most methods to solve lag issue on Android device demand root permission, the drill in discussion can be performed on any LG G2 on stock firmware whether it has root access or not. So, if you have been facing lag issue in general and in the camera app, the method described below can prove useful to you.
- Open your phone’s dial pad and type the following code: 3845#*<model number>#. For example, type-
- 3845#*800# (for At&T model)
- 3845#*801# (for T-Mobile variants)
- 3845#*802# (for European variants)
- 3845#*803# (for AT&T and Canadian variants)
- 5689#*980# (for Sprint LG G2)
- Doing this open the service menu of your phone. Scroll down to High temperature property settings and change the default value to ON.
- Now turn off your phone. Wait for about 15-20 seconds and then turn it on again.
- When your LG G2 boots up, you should experience smoother UI on it. Moreover, it will also solve the lag issue in the camera app. Enjoy!
In case any of the above codes do not work for you (it is reported not working on Verizon and AT&T variants), there is an alternative method to fix the lag. However, to do that you must have root access on your device. If you do not have a rooted phone, follow any of our easy rooting tutorials to do that.
Now here are the steps you have to do:
- Download and install Trickster MOD Kernel Settings app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and grant SuperUser permission when prompted.
- Slide the app page to the left till you see the Kernel Generals settings.
- Under the CPU Governor Control head and change its value from “demand” to “interactive”.
- Now tap on Settings icon on the top bar and check the “Kernel Settings” option under “Set on Boot” tab.
- Now reboot your devices and get ready to enjoy faster performance and better battery life on your LG G2. If you are having overheating issue on your phone, it should also be fixed along with lag.
Other Interesting Stuff for LG G2: