Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware update for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5110. The update is scheduled to be pushed in several phases across the globe but the users of this tablet in United Kingdom happen to be the first to receive it. The Jelly Bean update with baseband version P5110XXCLK7 will add several new features like improved TouchWiz, better and smooth performance (Project Butter), Google Now and many other improvements to your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5110.
The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update package is now available via Kies and Over-the-Air. To download and install the update directly on your device, just open Settings> About> Software Update. If you still do not see an update for your device, you can download the whole firmware and flash it manually.
Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110 to Android 4.1.2
Android 4.1.2 Firmware for Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5110 is now available. You can download the firmware here.
Here is a short review by one of our visitors from Australia:
- Noticeably more responsive, there is much less lagginess overall. It’s not perfect but a decent improvement.
- The keyboard has changed, the keys are now more spaced out, this is great thing for me since i always used to bump other keys near the spacebar like ‘V’ when I went to put a space between words! It drove me nuts, typing is now much easier!
- Noticed a new “power saving” mode that wasn’t there before (unless I am blind (a possibility)).
- Uses at least 150MB more of your main RAM right off the bat! When I used to fire up the tablet on 4.03, it would sit around 300 MB. Now when I fire up the tablet, 450 MB is in use before I have even opened an application.
Download and How to Install:
Here is a short but easy tutorial to help you flash Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5110 . Just follow the procedure and you will be able to install the new firmware easily.
- Download Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware in zip and extract to your desktop. Inside the extracted folder, you will see a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin3_v3.04.zip and extract to your desktop.
- Make sure you have either Samsung USB Drivers or Kies installed on your computer. If not, download it and install now.
- Charge your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi’s battery to at least 80% level.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your device: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging
- Backup your contacts, messages and other important data.
- Turn off your device and boot it into Download Mode: press and hold Volume Up+Power buttons together for a few seconds and press the Volume Down key when prompted to continue to Download Mode.
- Open Odin folder and run the Odin3 v3.04.exe program.
- Connect your Galaxy Tab to the computer via the USB cable that came with your device.
- Wait till you see the ID:COM port turn blue and “Added!!” text on Odin’s message box.
- Now click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file found inside the extracted firmware zip package.
- Ensure that only “F. Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot” options are enabled on the Odin.
- Finally hit the Start button and wait for the installation to finish.
- When installation is done, you will see a PASS! message at Odin your device will reboot automatically.
On rebooting you will have the new Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi. Enjoy and let us know how it works for you.
Some Other Firmwares:
Apart from the UK firmware given above, there are some more for a few countries. Download what suits you most.