The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update was released for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 about a month ago. The first batch of the update was made available via Kies and Over-the-Air to the users of select countries and networks. As the time passed, more users got the update. But if could not update your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 yet and are willing to install the update manually on to your device, here are some firmwares for the Tab 2 that you can download and install using Odin flasher.
The available firmwares fall into two classes- the branded ones that are meant for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 model number P5100 locked to a specific carrier/operator, and the unbranded ones that can be installed on any non-carrier-branded or international model of the device.
The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 brings many new features and improvements in user interface speed and better battery-life. Among the changes you will notice having updated your Tab 2 to Android 4.1.1 are: Google Now, smoother UI (thanks to the Project Butter), improved TouchWiz, new enhanced Notification Panel, Blocking mode, apps like Play Movie, Play Books, Play Magazines, new image view modes in the Gallery and so on.
Android 4.1.2 Update for Galaxy Tab2 P5100 Available Now
Download a firmware that suits you the most from below. If you do not see the name of your country, you can download any firmware that is not meant for a carrier branded Tab 2 P5100 and install it on your device but your Tab should also be unlocked one.
How to Install:
Download the firmware you like, extract the zip and follow the instructions given here.
Download and How to Install:
Here is a short but easy tutorial to help you flash Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware to your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi GT-P5100 . Just follow the procedure and you will be able to install the new firmware easily.
- Download the Jelly Bean firmware in zip and extract to your desktop. Inside the extracted folder, you will see a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin3_v3.04.zip and extract to your desktop.
- Make sure you have either Samsung USB Drivers or Kies installed on your computer. If not, download it and install now.
- Charge your Galaxy Tab 2 to at least 60% battery level.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your device: Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging
- Backup your contacts, messages and other important data. These free apps can help you backup all data easily.
- Turn off your device and boot it into Download Mode: press and hold Volume Up+Power buttons together till you see a screen with Android bot and a yellow triangle. Press Volume Down to confirm and continue to Download Mode.
- Open the Odin folder and launch the Odin3 v3.04.exe program.
- Connect you Galaxy Tab to computer using a compatible USB cable.
- Wait till you see the ID:COM port turned to blue, and “Added!!” text on Odin’s message box. This shows that the device is properly connected.
- Now click on PDA and select the .tar.md5 file found inside the extracted firmware zip package.
- Ensure that only “F. Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot” options are enabled on the Odin.
- Finally hit the “Start” button and wait for the installation to finish.
- When installation is done, you will see a PASS! message at Odin your device will reboot automatically.
On rebooting you will have the new Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 WiFi. Enjoy and let us know how it works for you.