Just a day ago, we shared a Marshmallow update tutorial for the Galaxy A5 SM-A500F. Today, we’re going to describe how you can update Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500H to the latest available Android 6.0.1 firmware.
Although it’s not a very good time to feel happy about getting the Marshmallow update at a time when Android Nougat is in vogue, it’s still enough to make you feel better to get the newest software update out there on your phone that came with Android Lollipop. If you have no idea about what new features you’ll be able to enjoy after installing the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy A5 SM-A500H, we’ve summarized a few highlights of the update for you below:
- Improved performance, enhanced security features and overall, a better experience.
- Quick scrolling feature and search bar in the app drawer to find apps faster.
- Enable Google Now on Tap by holding the Home button.
- Much better battery performance with the new Doze and App Standby features.
- Manage apps permissions more efficiently.
- A host of other tweaks and changes.
Flashing stock firmware on Samsung devices using Odin is very easy but that does not mean that it’s 100% risk-proof. If you follow the guide carefully, you’ll successfully update your phone to Android Marshmallow.
Before you can install the firmware, here’re a few things that need to be taken care of first:
- Download the firmware file from below and extract the zip.
- Download Odin 3.10.7 and unzip it.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. Skip this step if you have them already installed on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings> Developers options. If you don’t find this option in device settings, go to Settings> About> Build number and tap it 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Backup your data and apps as a precaution.
- Ensure phone is properly charged (at least 60%).
Also See: Marshmallow Update for Galaxy A5 SM-A500F
Galaxy A5 SM-A500F Marshmallow Firmware Download
You can install the Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy A5 even if your country is not listed below. As long as you have a carrier-unbranded phone, you can any firmware from below. By “carrier-unbranded”, we mean that your phone must not be SIM-locked.
Saudi Arabia: A500HXXU1CPH8_A500HOJV1CPH4_WTL.zip
Update Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A500H) to Marshmallow
- Open the Odin folder and run the .exe file as an administrator.
- Power off your Galaxy A5 and reboot it into the Download mode. To do so, turn off your phone and then press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys together. Keep the keys pressed until you see a warning screen. Now press the Volume Up key to enter the Download mode.
- Connect your device to computer using a USB cable. A successful connection between your phone and the PC is indicated by a blue color bar on the ID:COM port in Odin. You’ll also see “Added!!” in Odin’s log box.
- Do not play with any other settings in Odin and click the AP button in Odin, navigate to the firmware folder select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click the Start button to initiate the installation process which might take a few minutes to complete. You are supposed to be a bit patient.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS!! message followed by an automatic device reboot.
Wait for another 5-8 minute until your Galaxy A5 boots up for use. In case it does not get past the Samsung logo even after 10 minutes, you can fix the issue by performing a data factory reset via stock recovery. you can find the detailed tutorial on the topic on the following link:
By wiping data factory reset, you can also fix issues like device overheating, slow performance and battery drain.