The Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 WiFi model is launched by Samsung almost two years ago with Ice Cream Sandwich out-of-the-box. The Note 10.1 bears a mammoth 10.1 inch screen which is trendy those days for the ultimate features the tablets provide. But now the advent of the hybrid Phablet models stomped the tablet devices with the single weapon – portability. However, this didn’t stop Samsung from releasing updates to the tablet devices and the Note 10.1 also received many small updates in these two years.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 is now receiving the KitKat 4.4.2 update which brings a taste of chocolate to the tablet lovers. Despite the out-of-trend tag on the tablets, they offer the best multimedia and e-reading experience to the users which is the only thing many users want. The KitKat OS is specifically designed to run smoothly even on low memory devices which makes the Note 10.1 to run more smooth than ever. So if you want to taste the crispy KitKat on your device, you’ve landed in the right place.
This guide can be used to upgrade your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 (all regions) device to KitKat 4.4.2. Follow this simple guide carefully to install KitKat firmware on your Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 within a few minutes. So, without any further ado, let’s proceed with the guide.
This Guide is intended only for the Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi variants, not for any other device of Samsung. Be extra cautious when you choose the firmware builds as flashing wrong firmwares might result in a bricked device.
Upgrading your device manually might void your device warranty either temporarily or permanently. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your Galaxy Tab S above 60% battery level to avoid shutdowns during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging: Link
- Install Required USB Drivers: Link
- Backup your device storage, Contacts, SMS etc. using Google Sync service or any third-party app.
- Download the Odin flashing tool and extract the downloaded zip to your PC, so now you have the Odin3.09 folder: Odin3 v3.09.zip
Download the KitKat firmware based on your region from the below-provided link. (To find the country or region of the firmware, just hover the mouse pointer over the region codes).
Update Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Download the KitKat firmware for your device from the above-provided link.
- The download file provided is in the form of a Zip package, so extract it to your PC. You should get a file with .tar.md5 format. Don’t extract the file twice, you should use a .tar.md5 file for the guide.
- Move the downloaded .tar,md5 file from the download location to the Odin3.09 folder on the desktop.
- Double-click on Odin3 v3.09.exe to start the flashing tool.
- In the Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and everything else is unchecked.
- Make sure that Re-Partition is not checked as this might corrupt your partitions.
- Power off your phone. Now press the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons altogether until you see the warning screen, then use the power button to confirm and enter Download Mode.
- Connect the device to the PC.
- As soon as you connect, the Odin window will display the acquired ID:COM port on the top-left and message box shall display Added!! message.
- Click on AP and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Click on Start and the process will begin.
- It will take a few seconds to complete the flashing process and upon completion will display a PASS!! message.
- Your Galaxy Note 10.1 will reboot automatically after the process is finished.
That’s it. It is very simple to update your Galaxy Note 10.1 device, right? Leave your valuable comments below for any queries regarding the tutorial.