All of us love software updates as they bring new features, bug fixes and improvements in performance. Our device manufacturers keep sending new updates to give us a greater user experience. Unfortunately, when it comes to rolling out an OS upgrade, they are most often lazy in doing that. The Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 received a significant software update with build version I605VRUEMJ9 in December last year. Every new OTA update for Samsung Galaxy devices from Verizon brings a new challenge to our developers as they have to look for a new way to root. Fortunately, the Saferoot exploit by XDA member k1mu can easily root Verizon Galaxy Note 2. As you know, the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Verizon Galaxy Note 2 comes with locked bootloader, you will not be able to install CWM or TWRP recovery on your device currently. However, if you think you can live happily with root access on your device, you can use the Saferoot method given below to root Verizon Galaxy Note 2. The tool is easy and safe to use and it does the whole trick without tripping the KNOX Warranty void counter. Please note that k1mu's Saferoot tool is not meant for the Verizon Note 2 SCH-I605 only, but also works well on almost all US and Canadian variants of devices like Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 3.
Warning:The rooting procedure described below is pretty safe and there is rare chance that it can do any harm to your phone, yet we do not take any responsibility for any unpleasant situation. Follow the guide and use the tool at your own responsibility.
- Download the latest Saferoot exploit from the official thread: saferoot.zip
- Make sure you have already installed Samsung USB drivers or Kies on your computer. In case you have Kies, please ensure that it is not open while to use Saferoot.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Note 2 with Android 4.3. Go to Settings> More> About, scroll down and tap the Build version 7 times. Doing this will unlock Developer options on your device. Now open Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
Root Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 [VRUEMJ9]:
- Unzip the saferoot.zip file you downloaded earlier.
- Look for a file named “install.bat” inside the Saferoot folder and double-click it.
- A new cmd window will open.
- Now connect your Verizon Note 2 to computer. Wait for a few moments till your device is connected successfully.
- Finally, press any key on your computer's keyboard to trigger the rooting script.
- Wait till the procedure is finished and then your Note 2 will reboot automatically.