A few days back we saw Samsung’s official details of the Android 4.1.2 update details that included almost all the ingredients of the Premium Suite Upgrade except for the Multi-window feature. This revelations is just an indication that the update is arriving very soon, may be by the end of January. However, there are people who are already enjoying the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean by installing the leaked I9100XXLSJ firmware manually.
If you have already installed the leaked firmware and now looking for a working rooting method for it, here is an easy tutorial to row you safe and sound through the procedure which involves flashing PhilZ Kernel with Super User and ClockworkMod Recovery pre-injected using the Odin flasher. You have already gone through th Odin method, I believe you have surely done that, rooting is not any different from that.
Features of the PhilZ Kernel:
It is one of the best custom Kernels available for the Samsung Galaxy S2. It is safe, battery-friendly and has many features which have been described below.
- Touch Interface: toggle 3 touch modes: Full Touch, Double Tap to validate and Semi-touch (scroll but no touch validation)
- New touch code completely revised compared to v2.x and older
- Much more stable full touch mode: no more skips, jumps or wrongly validations while scrolling
- When you set full touch mode, it defaults to optimized settings for menu height and touch sensitivity (you still can alter them manually later)
- Adjust scrolling touch sensitivity in 6 settings
- Adjust menu height in 6 settings
- Toggle vibrator on/off when using bottom virtual buttons
- Toggle key repeat for volume up/down scrolling when maintained pressed: needs recovery restart to take effect
- Backup/restore EFS and Kernel
- Browse phone with root access using full GUI in Aroma File Manager: default location or browse for path
- Support openrecovery script in 3 modes using a smart one touch menu: Goo Manager, default custom scripts location, browse for script
- Mount internal and external sdcards on PC in recovery
- Power off, reboot to recovery and reboot to download mode options
- Pure stock kernel (only RAM disk changes)
- Can be flashed in Stock Recovery (root + no yellow triangle) or in Odin
- Init.d and customboot.sh support
- Introduced support for custom Multi- bootanimation (bin and zip)
- Dual USB mount in recovery support
- ADB root in recovery: just wait about a minute to activate
Here are a few prerequisites that you need to fulfill before proceeding to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 on XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 leaked firmware.
- Download PhilZ Kernel.
- Download the Odin flasher and extract the zip: Odin3_v3.04.zip
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer (skip if already done that): Download
- Backup all your Contacts, messages, apps or any other important data stored on internal SD Card.
- Go to Settings> Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging option.
- Charge your phone to at least 80% of battery level.
Must Read for You:
Having taking care of the the things described above, you can now proceed to root your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Boot device into Download/Odin mode: press and hold the Volume Down+Home+Power keys at the same time. When the screen turns up, press volume up to enter download mode on being prompted.
- Launch the Odin flasher by clicking in the Odin3_v3.04.exe file.
- Connect the device to PC via USB Cable. The ID:COM port at Odin should turn green to indicate the successful connection.
- Now click the PDA button on Odin, and select PhilZ-cwm6-XXLSJ-OXX-3.1.tar.md5 file you downloaded earlier.
- Hit Start button and wait till you get a PASS! message and the device reboots.
Done! Your Galaxy S2 I9100 has now been rooted on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXLSJ leaked firmware. Enjoy your rooted phone, cheers!
To verify if the rooting was successful or not, you can download and install a free app called Root Checker from the Play Store.