Have you just owned an Android? It’s absolutely amazing, ain’t it? Yet, it does have limitations. But here’s some good news, Android being based on Linux can have its limitations removed by the process called “Rooting”.
Users like me, who root their phone on the very moment it arrives, are always keen to go custom as fast as possible. There are several methods out their to root an Android device which includes rooting via flashing the Superuser binaries, pushing them via adb/fastboot using command-line or terminal and foremost the easiest process by using a toolkit. Although most of the devices have their specific toolkits to perform this action, but certainly are limited to the same device and requires access to a PC. And so here, Framaroot steps in which brings an all-in-one root tool for rooting quite a list of devices by just one-click through your device itself, without the use of any PC.
Framaroot is a simple Android Rooting application developed by alephzain, which installs as a normal apk file and pushes the superuser and su binaries to your device, hence rooting it. The application is already compatible with with a list of devices from various manufacturers and is capable to root an Android device running version 2.x to 4.x. The list is still expanding as users seem to be keen enough to try this on their devices. Below is the list of device which are confirmed to be working with Framaroot.
Qualcomm devices (Gandalf exploit only) :
- Asus Padfone 1/2
- Asus Padfone Infinity
- BW T18+ (Fortis Evo)
- Cloudfone Thrill 430x
- Disgo 8400g
- DNS S4504/S4503/S4502
- FAEA F1
- Gigabyte GSmart G1315 Skate
- Gigabyte GSmart Rio R1
- Google Nexus 4
- Highscreen Spark/Blast/Strike/Boost
- HTC One S
- Huawei Honor Pro (U8950-1)
- Huawei U8815/U8816 Ascend G300/G301
- Huawei U8825D Ascend G330D
- Karbonn Titanium S5
- LG Nitro HD
- LG L7 II P710/P714/P715
- LG Optimus G E970
- LG Optimus L3 II E425
- LG Optimus L5 E610/612/615
- LG Optimus L7 II P710/P713/ P714/P715
- LG Optimus L7 P700/Р705
- LG Optimus LTE 2
- MEDION LIFE P4013
- Micromax A111 Canvas Doodle
- Orange Nivo
- Samsung Galaxy Win I8552
- Sharp Aquos Phone SH930W
- Sony Xperia E C1505/Dual C1605
- Sony Xperia L C210X
- teXet TM-3204R
- teXet TM-4677
- ZTE V880G/ZTE V955
MT65XX devices (Boromir exploit only) :
- Micromax Canvas HD
Samsung devices (Legolas and Aragorn exploits only) :
- Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8262
- Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C
- Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S6312/GT-S6310
- Samsung Lightray SCH-R940
Exynos devices (Sam, Frodo, Legolas and Aragorn exploits only) :
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
- Highscreen Explosion
- Hyundai T7s
- Impression 9702 (Exynos 4412)
- Lenovo K860
- Newman N2
- Meizu MX2
- Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, GT-N8020
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000
- Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T SGH-I777
- Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch – SPH-D710
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6200/GT-P6210
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800/GT-P6810
- Samsung SGH-i997 Infuse 4G
- Sprint Galaxy Note 2
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 T-889
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605
- iBerry Auxus CoreX2 3G and CoreX4 3G
Omap36XX devices (Gimli exploit only) :
- Archos Gen8
- Cliq 2 MB611
- Coolpad Quattro 4G
- Droid 2 (a955)
- Droid 2 Global (a956)
- Droid X (MB810)
- LG Marquee LS855
- LG P970 Optimus Black
- Motorola DEFY+ (MB525 / MB526)
- Motorola Droid PRO
- Motorola Droid X
- Parrot ASTEROID Smart
- R2D2 (a957)
The list is specified for different chipsets and their corresponding rooting exploits. It is expanding every day, so if you have your device mentioned just hit the download, install and root your device with just one-click. If not, you are advised to wait.
NOTE: If your device isn’t listed, you might install and try it only if you’re a developer or a user with sufficient knowledge to recover your device. If it does work, report it on the developer thread at XDA-Developer’s forum.
Rooting voids your warranty, perform all actions at your will. Droidviews or the developer shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
How to Root Using Framaroot
- Download the latest version of Framaroot: Link
- Connect your device to the PC in USB Mass Storage mode or MTP.
- Drag the downloaded Framaroot-x.x.x.apk to your device (Here x.x.x is the version number of the latest apk you downloaded)
- Disconnect the device
- Using a file manager/explorer, navigate to the apk location and install it.
- Go to your device’s app drawer and press on “Framaroot” to execute it.
- Now, select the action to perform. Select “Superuser” or “SuperSU” upon your choice.
- Select the exploit and the process will begin.
- Once done, reboot the device.
To unroot, follow the same procedure but select “unroot” while performing tep #7 and skip further. It will automatically unroot your device.
Follow up to the Original Thread at XDA-Developers to interact with the developer and other Framaroot users. If you have discovered your device to be supported by this and yet not mentioned in the list, kindly list up your device name, model and Android version. Enjoy your rooted Android and explore more possibilities!