Today here we are with some good news for the Galaxy Note 3 users in Europe who are eagerly waiting for some Lollipop love. Samsung has been constantly on the news with lots of Lollipop updates and leaks which are driving the Android users crazy. Unlike the other OEMs, Samsung is very successful at releasing the Lollipop updates for its flagship as well as the mid-range devices alike and we love Samsung for that. We’ve already seen a Lollipop firmware leak for the Galaxy Note 3 users just a couple of weeks back and now we’re talking official release.
The European Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 users are up for some luck today as it’s raining Lollipop all over Europe. The update was spotted in Poland for the unlocked Note 3, and for the Vodafone subscribers in United Kingdom, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany, Romania and few other carrier locked devices in some of the European regions. The firmware comes with the build number N9005XXUGBOA5 and updates your Note 3 to the Android 5.0 Lollipop. If the frequency of the updates from Samsung holds constant, you might see another update very soon (Hoping!!!).
If you’re lucky enough, you might have already seen the OTA notification in your notification bar. To manually check for the notification, navigate to Settings → About phone → Software update and check for the latest update. Don’t lose you heart if you don’t see the update notification even after checking for it manually. Follow the quick guide given below and upgrade your Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.0 Lollipop manually using the Odin firmware flashing tool.
Prepare Your Device
- Charge your device to at least 60% battery life to avoid any mishaps during the process.
- Install appropriate drivers for your Samsung smartphone. You can find them here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Backup everything, this includes your device’s storage, SMS, contacts, and apps etc. The process will erase everything off your device.
Odin3 3.10: Download Link
Firmware: Download Link
Install Android Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
If you’re new to Odin tool and firmware flashing, do follow our detailed guide from below link:
- Download and extract both the firmware and the Odin files in the same directory on your PC.
- Double-click on Odin3 3.09.exe to start the program.
- Boot into the download mode. To do this:
- Power off your phone first.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home together until you see Warning screen with Android logo.
- Press Volume Up to acknowledge the warning and boot into download mode
- Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable and make sure the device is detected.
- In Odin, click AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are enabled in Odin. Do not select the Re-Partition option unless you use the PIT file for your device.
- Finally, hit the start button and wait until the firmware is flashed. Once completed, the device will reboot automatically.
- Disconnect the device from PC and wait until the device restarts.
That’s it. Once rebooted, you’ll see the Android 5.0 Lollipop setup screen on your device.
Fixing Bootloop after Flashing the Firmware
In case your Galaxy Note 3 gets into a bootloop after installing the firmware, perform the steps given here: