Even though Xposed Framework is not officially available for Android 9.0 Pie or Android 10, it still works via unofficial methods. Therefore, new Xposed modules keep popping up every now and then and some existing ones keep getting updates. Instaprefs is one such Xposed module that is compatible with Android 10. Among a plethora of other features, it lets you download Instagram videos and photos in hight-quality.
Instaprefs is by XDA Senior Member MaaarZ who is also responsible for a similar module for Snapchat. The Instaprefs Xposed module adds and extends features of the official Instagram client for Android. The features are mentioned in the feature list below.
Instaprefs Xposed Module Features
- Saving of high-quality Posts, Stories, DMs, Live Videos, Profile Pictures
- Story saving
- DM saving
- Profile picture saving
- Stealth Story/DM viewing
- Unlimited Story/DM viewing
- Post Notification saving (full-sized: image, video, carousel)
- Unlimited DM viewing for self-destroying images
- Zoom for Posts, Stories, DMs, Live videos, Profile Pictures
- Typing, camera opened and replay notification removal
- Media controls for videos
- Private indicator on Posts and Profiles
- Follow indicator on Posts and Profiles
- Suggested users, shops are blocked
- Story and Feed ads are blocked
- Copy comments
- Increased quality for sent images
- An Android device running Android 8.0 and above.
- Root with Magisk Systemless Framework.
- Xposed Framework.
Install Xposed Framework
If you don’t have the Xposed Framework installed already, you can follow the links below to install it on Android 8.0 Oreo and Android 9.0 Pie.
Xposed Framework on Android 10
The method for installing the Xposed Framework is pretty much the same on Android 10 as on Android Pie. So you can follow the same guide linked above. There is one slight change, however. On Android Pie, you have to flash the Riru – EdXposed (SandHook) module from the Magisk repository. But on Android 10, you have to install the module linked below.
So download the magisk-EdXposed-YAHFA-v0.4.6.0_beta.4471.-release.zip file above. In Magisk Manager, go to the Modules section, tap on the plus button at the bottom. Next, select the downloaded module and it will be installed. All other steps are the same as mentioned in the guide. That means you will still have to install Riru – Core module from the Magisk Downloads section, and you’ll still need the EdXposed Installer.
Install Instaprefs Xposed Module
- Launch the EdXposed Manager or Xposed Installer app on your phone.
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top-left and select Downloads from the menu drawer.
- In the Downloads section, tap on the search icon and type Instaprefs.
- Then, tap on the search result and then head over to the Version tab.
- Here, tap on the DOWNLOAD button on the latest version of the module.
- Tap on INSTALL.
- Tap on the notification to activate the module and reboot your phone.
- You can also manually do it by going to the Modules section.
And that’s about it. Once your phone reboots, open the Instagram app and you should see some cool new features including the ability to download Instagram videos, photos, zoom in on stories and profile pictures, and a whole lot more.
Read Next: Enable Dark Mode on Spark For Android