Looking into the specifications, Xiaomi’s Mi 3 device comes with some startling hardware configuration that most device’s within it’s range dearth of. Well, Xiaomi is known for delivering high end specifications at affordable prices. However, the software support for the Mi 3 and it’s variants like Mi3W and S isn’t that impressive. The device is still stuck at the KitKat firmware and there is no word from the manufacturer either.
Though the Mi 3 device may never see the Marshmallow update, here is a CyanogeMod 13 ROM that will take your device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow in no time. All you need is a custom recovery installed and you are all set to flash this amazing ROM.
However, the CM 13 ROM listed below is an unofficial build and may come with some bugs. Not much is know about the stability and bugs right now as the CM 13 source has been re-compiles for the device. Hence users may expect some basic functionalities like network, wifi, GPS and more. If you want to try out the latest Android software right away, then here is a great opportunity. So stay tuned for more updates and let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
- Xiaomi Mi3W cancro LTE CyanogenMod 13 ROM
- CM 13 Marshmallow ROM — Download | File: cm-13.0-20151114-UNOFFICIAL-audahadi-cancro.zip
- Marshamallow Google Apps
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with Xiaomi Mi3W variant codename: cancro only. Do not try it on any other device or variant.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Download and install the latest TWRP build.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Unofficial CM 13 on Xiaomi Mi3W Cancro
- Download the Marshmallow CM 13 ROM from the download section. Also download the Marshmallow Google Apps of your choice.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
If you see the new boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. If you come across any boot loop or face system errors, try a factory reset from the recovery or you can always restore your previous ROM from the backup. If you are looking for root access on your new ROM, get to this page for latest SuperSU build.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know