The Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates are rolling out right now and developers across the globe have started porting these ROMS for their devices. Here are some Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROMs you may like to try on your Nexus 5 and some of them are AOSP based too. As for now, custom ROMS are available for Nexus 5 only and support for more devices will come soon.
The description of the ROMS has been provided below the download links. You can flash these through a custom recovery like TWRP. However, make sure you flash the Radio and the modified Bootloader before you flash the custom ROM. Also, make sure you uninstall Xposed framework from your system before you try these ROMS.
These are initial builds and some of the features might not work. You can still try these ROMS on your Nexus device or if you have a Multi-ROM support, then you can try it as your secondary ROM.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow based AOSP and Other Custom ROMS, Radio and Bootloader for Nexus 5
Nexus 5 Marshmallow Radio and Bootloader
Download — File: MRA58K_Radio+Bootloader.zip (22.5 MB)
Download — [New Update] File: MRA58K_Radio+Bootloader.zip (22.5 MB)
Download the file above available in the .zip format, and be sure to flash the radio+bootloader file first with TWRP recovery. Then flash the custom Marshmallow ROMS listed below.
Nexus 5 Marshmallow ROMs
1. Stock ROM — Download | File: hammerhead_mra58k.zip (539.6 MB)
This is a stock based custom ROM and has no tweaks or other such modifications over the system. It very close to the stock Marshmallow ROM and ready to flash on Nexus 5.
This is debloated and a lot of Google apps like Chrome, YouTube, Google Camera, Keep, Videos, Hangouts, etc. have been removed. However, they can be downloaded from the Play store with working Google App Services.
3. AOSP Stock ROM — Download | File: aosp_hammerhead-ota-eng.herna.zip (218.1 MB)
Here is a ROM for the AOSP lovers. It’s built over source code and uses just over 200 MB. It can easily fit as a secondary ROM for Multi-ROM on devices with low system space. However, the ROM comes without Google Apps separately.
4. HelloAndroid — Download | File: hello_hammerhead-6.0-20151013.zip (539.6 MB)
HelloAndroid is a minimal custom ROM, based on AOSP 6.0, with a focus on fun. The goal is to create an enjoyable experience. It very close to the stock Marshmallow ROM and ready to flash on Nexus 5.
- Download | Google Apps for Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Fixed for the ROMS)
- Download | Dynamic Gapps tested working on some ROMS
- Download | Google Apps (Tested working on some devices)
More Google Apps for you
- Full Google Apps | open_gapps-arm-6.0-stock-20151008.zip | Download
- BokROM Gapps | aosp-6.0-20151007-bokrom-gapps-hammerhead.zip |Download
- Mini Gapps | slim_mini_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip | Download
- Zero Gapps | slim_zero_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip |Download
- Pico Gapps | open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20151008.zip | Download
Installation Instructions: The installation is simple. First, you need to flash the radio+bootloader zip file onto your device and then flash the custom ROM of your choice. If you don’t have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your device, then get to our guide given below, [Follow:] to know how to install one. Or follow the instructions on this guide and install the latest TWRP recovery.
To know how to install custom ROM through TWRP, get to this link and follow the instructions there.
Follow: Guide to Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Android 6.0 Marshmallow Firmware
For any queries, comment down below. Also, let us know about the ROM. We will update more such Custom ROMS for Nexus 9,7,6 and others once available.