A big new incremental OTA update hits the OnePlus 2 once again. OnePlus recently released the incremental update v2.1.1 update just last month and here is yet another update for it’s famed Oxygen OS. Though it’s still based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware, the update brings important stability improvements and bug fixes.
The OTA update brings many new fixes and stability improvements. For instance, the UX bug fix for the camera app. Improvements to the color offset in HDR mode has been incorporated into this incremental update. The OTA update brings more such fixes with the latest v2.1.2 for the Oxygen OS. The full changelog has been listed below.
The Oxygen OS update v2.1.2 can be installed readily on the OnePlus 2 using the stock recovery. However, to manually update to the latest version, you need to be on v2.1.1 and make sure you have not made any major changes to the system. To install the incremental OTA updates, you need stock recovery. Custom recoveries like TWRP or CWM won’t work for this method.
- UX bug fixes in the Camera app
- Improvement to color offset in HDR mode
- Bug fixes to System Update to improve OTA stability
- System optimizations in low battery state
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Download (Mirror) | OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.1.2 OTA update (File: OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_009-010_patch_1511091726.zip (43.7 MB))
OnePlus 2 Oxygen OS 2.1.2 Full ROM update | Link will be updated soon
Install Oxygen OS 2.1.2 OTA Update with Stock Recovery
- Make sure you are already on Oxygen OS v2.1.0. To install it, get to this link.
- Download the Oxygen OS 2.1.0 OTA zip file from the Download Section.
- Transfer the OTA zip file in your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, you need to boot your OnePlus 2 into Recovery Mode. To know more on how to boot into recovery mode, get to this link.
- Once your phone boots into Recovery Mode, Select Apply Updates and navigate to the OTA file you just saved on your phone.
- The installation process will start on your OnePlus 2 and take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is successful, it will automatically reboot. Otherwise, go back and reboot system
If you have a rooted OnePlus 2, then you can install the full ROM through TWRP. However, this process may remove all your previous apps, data and system except for the internal storage. So a backup or nandroid backup is highly recommended.
Install Oxygen OS 2.1.2 Full ROM with TWRP Recovery
- Download the required ROM (full ROM) file for OnePlus 2 from the download section.
- Now transfer the ROM into your device’s internal storage. Place the file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into TWRP. To boot into TWRP, power off your phone and press and hold volume down button and power button at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on the backup option and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe the confirmation action to backup.
- Wiping System and Cache is recommended. After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then wipe Dalvik Cache, System and Cache. (If after the complete process system does not boot, try wiping the Data as well. But its will remove all your data)
- Go back to the TWRP main menu again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you boot into the system, you can now enjoy the latest Oxygen OS v2.1.2 on your OnePlus 2 device. If the system does not boot, you can restore the backup from TWRP. If you have a query, comment down below.