A new SuperSU build from Chainfire is here, taking it to version 2.56 which will root the LG V10. The developer has some plans to build SuperSU without tampering with the OTA updates. That means you can root your device and still receive the OTA updates from Google for Nexus devices or from some manufacturers for non-Nexus devices.
You may find such releases for Nexus devices available on Marshmallow firmware. However, it requires a boot image to be flashed over the system. With more releases, mere SuperSU shall root the device and you may still avail OTA updates.
Here is a simple tutorial that will root your LG V10 in no time. Before you proceed make sure you have TWRP installed on your device. Through this custom recovery, you will need to flash the SuperSU file. Also, make sure whether a boot or kernel image is available for your variant that needs to be flashed before the SuperSU package. So let’s begin with the tutorial.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install TWRP on your device. We, at DroidViews, won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We won’t be held responsible if you brick your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Download | SuperSU v2.56 (File: SuperSU-v2.56-20151030013730.zip)
- This root guide is compatible with LG V10 only. Do not try it on any other device.
- Make sure you have TWRP installed on your device. Click here.
- Install LG USB Drivers on your computer in order to detect the device and transfer the SuperSU file to it.
- Fully charge your device.
Root LG V10 with SuperSU v2.56
- Download the SuperSU package from the download section.
- Now transfer the zip files into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time.
- Although this is optional, it is recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the SuperSU file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
Once you reboot, you can enjoy root access on your LG V10. Verify root using the root checker app.
Update: One-Click Root Tool for LG V10
Now we have a very handy tool called KlicKiT that makes jobs like unlocking the bootloader, rooting and installing TWRP recovery on the LG V10 very easy.
- Download the KlicKiT.zip on your computer.
- Unzip the zip file.
- Install the latest USB Drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Launch the one-click root tool by double-clicking the .exe file.
- Connect your phone to the computer using USB cable.
- When your device is detected by the tool, follow the on-screen instructions.
- That’s it!
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.