Although MIUI ROMS are specially designed for Xiaomi phones, they also happen to be one of the most popular third-party ROMS for many Android devices. Android users have long been waiting for the MIUI 7 release and the wait is finally over. The ROM was launched last month and it has already been ported to over 69 devices. Google Nexus 5, Nexus 4 and the Galaxy Nexus users can now install the latest MIUI 7 ROM and use all its intriguing features with its refreshing new UI.
MIUI 7 ROM for devices other than Xiaomi come in two forms- the “Developer ROM”, developed by the MIUI official development team and the “Ported ROM”, developed by the maintainers of the device. While the two ROMS can be readily installed on the Nexus devices, they may contain some minor bugs.
As this is a custom ROM, you need to flash the ROM file using a custom recovery like TWRP. If you are new to the process, then this is a simple guide to help you successfully install MIUI 7 ROM on Google Nexus 5, Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus. Read the instructions carefully.
- You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed on your device. To do so, get to our guides on how to
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so that you can transfer the ROM file to your device’s storage. Get the drivers from here.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews shall not be responsible for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong.
- Download | MIUI 7 for Google Nexus 5
- Download | MIUI 7 for Google Nexus 4
- Download | MIUI 7 for Google Galaxy Nexus
How to Install MIUI 7 ROM on Nexus Devices
- Download the required ROM file for your device from the download section.
- Now transfer the MIUI 7 ROM file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, press and hold volume down button and power button at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on the backup option and select the following elements: System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup, where appropriate.
- After performing the ROM backup, return to the TWRP main menu and tap the Wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu again and tap on Install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
You can now enjoy the new MIUI 7 ROM on your Nexus device. If you have a query, comment down below.