Music is the main pastime for most of the people, and there’s no debate here. Some people sing it loud while some enjoy the silence with the music ON. Since smartphones have taken over other gadgets, it has become the primary medium of music for most of us. However, the audio quality on most of the smartphones is below par, mainly the loudspeakers. Luckily, the Android world has many audio mods like Viper4Android, Beats mods, etc.. which boost the music experience on smartphones. Today, we’re going to show you how to enable dual speaker stereo audio on Galaxy Note 5 using a simple dual speaker mod.
The Galaxy Note 5 is a powerful smartphone coming from the esteemed Note series of Samsung. Like other Samsung devices, it’s mighty and a powerhouse but a little low on audio quality. But if you’ve used the Galaxy Note 5, you might wonder where is the second speaker to enable dual speaker system. Well, the Galaxy Note 5 has a single speaker, but with a few little tweaks, you can enable the handset speaker as secondary speaker. This will create a rich sound and a surround effect which would be way better than stock audio on the device. The XDA developer improves has created a simple mod by modifying the mixer_paths.xml & mixer_gains.xml files in the device.
The developer has made a flashable zip to easily flash the files on your Galaxy Note 5 but seems like it’s not working. Another good samaritan Leakhanak has stepped in and made the zip flashable. The dual speaker mod will work on the Note 5 devices running Android 7.0 Nougat or higher with the model numbers N920X & G928X. In this tutorial, we’ll cover both the TWRP and manual process so that you can use this mod even if you don’t have TWRP recovery but you still need root. So, without any further ado, let’s start with the tutorial.
Enable Dual Speaker Stereo Audio on Galaxy Note 5
Follow any of the below methods to install the dual speaker MOD on your Galaxy Note 5.
Method 1: Using TWRP Recovery
- Download the flashable dual speaker MOD (mirror link) from the downloads section and transfer it to your device’s storage.
- Boot into recovery mode on your Note 4.
- Power off your device and wait until it’s completely turned off.
- Press and hold Power + Home + Volume Up buttons together and release them as soon as you see the Galaxy logo on the screen.
- Choose the Install option from the recovery menu and choose the speaker MOD zip from the file manager. Confirm flashing the file in TWRP.
- Reboot the device from the main menu once the ZIP file is flashed.
Method 2: Manual Method
- Download and install any root explorer of your choice. You can use the app below:
- Download the dual speaker mod ZIP and extract the contents of /system/etc/. You’ll get two files “mixer_gains.xml & mixer_paths.xml,” transfer them to your device.
- In the /system/etc/ path of your device, take the backup of these two files to any other location just for the backup purpose.
- Copy the modified “mixer_gains.xml & mixer_paths.xml” to /system/etc/. This will overwrite the original files.
- Change the permissions to 644 (rw-r-r) and double check the permissions once again.
- Reboot the device.
After the reboot, play a song and you’ll notice sound from both the speakers on your device. Amazing, right? But we would warn you not to set the full volume as it may mess up the handset speaker.