The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 has been present in the market for about one year now. It belongs to the third-generation of Samsung’s Tab series and was launched with Android 4.2.2 out of the box. Quite surprisingly, the device did not see any major OS update from its manufacturer since its release.
If you own the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with model number SM-T310, a good news has finally arrived as Samsung has started rolling Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update as OTA for this tablet device. If you have not received the KitKat OTA update notification yet, you should manually check for it from Settings> About> Software update.
In case you do not see any update notification, you’ll have to wait till the OTA reaches your country your region. However, if you do not have patience enough to wait, there is another way to install the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310. The KitKat firmware for the device with build version T310XXUBNE9 is now available for download. Actually, the firmware is meant for the users of Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 in France. Since the firmware is for carrier-unbranded devices, it can be installed on any Tab 3 with the aforementioned model number.
Please note that the Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware provided below is official and meant for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 only. Installing firmware manually on your phone might prove risky, so follow the installation steps at your own responsibility.
If you have decided to get the latest version of Android on your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, here are a few things that you need to do beforehand:
- Download the firmware file for your device: T310XXUBNE9_T310OXABNE9_XEF.zip
- Till the file gets downloaded, download the install Samsung USB Drivers on your computer. Skip this step if you already have it installed.
- Also download Odin 3.09: Odin3 v3.09.zip
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Tab 3. Follow these instructions if you do not know how to do so.
- Backup the apps and data present on your device.
Install KitKat Firmware on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Having taken care of the things mentioned above, you can now install the stock KitKat firmware on your device. Just follow the steps given below:
- Extract the firmware zip file. Inside the extracted folder, you’ll find the actual firmware with .tar.md5 extension.
- Also unzip the Odin_v3.09.zip and open the extracted folder.
- Now boot your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 into the Download mode: turn it off and then press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for about 2-3 seconds. You’ll see a warning screen, just press the Volume Up key to enter Download mode.
- Launch Odin and connect your device using the original USB cable provided with your device.
- The ID:COM port on Odin will turn blue when it your devices gets detected.
- Now click the PDA button on Odin and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked on Odin.
- Take a calm breath and click the Start button on Odin.
- Wait till the installation is done. It might take about a 2-4 minutes.
- Finally your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 will reboot automatically.
When your Tab 3 boots up, it will be running the newly installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. Enjoy! In case you encounter any issue during installation, or have any question, just drop us a comment below!