Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i is one of the most popular and best-selling low-end Android smartphones with nice features. The phone was released with Android 2.2 (Froyo) and was later upgraded to version 2.3.6 Gingerbread. Modest specs of the this handset make it unqualified to be updated to Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean but there are qualified and skilled developers out there who have successfully, but not buglessly, developed custom ROMs and mods to give you some ICS and JB flavor.
If you have recently tried a custom ROM and now want to go back to original Gingerbread ROM, you can install it manually. Sometimes the device does not start properly because it is caught in a bootloop and you can only see the Samsung logo with your device name. In such a situation, installing the official ROM is the best solution.
Looking for this?
Here are some multi-file firmwares for the Samsung Galaxy Ace s5830i. Below you will find the link to download single file firmwares.
Open Austria: S5830i_XXLD3_OXXLA2_XXLD2
Sri Lanka: S5830i_XXLF3_ODDLF1_DDLF1
Spain (Movistar): S5830i_BGLH4_XECLH2_XXLH3.zip
You can also download single file firmware file for you country or region and install it as directed below. To download firmware for your Galaxy Ace S5830i, click here.
- Download appropriate firmware file from above and extract the zip to your desktop computer.
- Download Odin3 1.84 tool for multi-file installation (extract zip): Odin_with_pit_S5830I.zip
- Download Odin3 v3.07 for single file installation (extract zip): Odin3-v3.07.zip
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC: Download
- Charge your phone and backup all essential data such as contacts, messages, apps using these free apps.
- Open phone Settings> Applications> Development and enable USB Debugging.
Installing Stock Gingerbread Firmware
Turn off you phone and boot it into Download mode: hold down the Volume Down + Volume Up buttons, then long press the Power key till the your phone’s screen turns up and you see the Download mode screen. Now follow the steps that applies your case.
Single File Installation:
- If you are going to do a single file installation, launch Odin3 v3.07.exe as administrator and connect the phone to computer via USB cable.
- When the device connections is established successfully the ID:COM port at Odin 3.07 turns blue.
- Click on PDA button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Do not mess with any other thing in Odin and click the “Start” button.
- In case you choose to install a multi-file firmware, run Odin3 1.84.exe as administrator and connect your phone to PC while it is in Download mode.
- When the device is connected, the ID:COM will turn yellow.
- Make sure that “Re-Partition”, “Auto Reboot” and “F Reset Time” options are checked on Odin.
- Now click on PIT button and select the .pit file: cooperve_0623.pit
- Then click the PDA button and select the file with CODE in its name.
- Click Phone and select the file with MODEM in its name.
- Click on CSC and select the file with CSC in its name.
- Finally hit the “Start” button on Odin and let the installation finish.
The installation will take just a few minutes and when it is done your phone will reboot automatically. The first boot usually takes longer time so a little patience is required. When the phone boots, check the firmware version from Settings> About on your Galaxy Ace S5830i. Enjoy the new firmware. Cheers!
You Might Also Like: