Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 was a VID (Very important device) as in no time it tasted Android Lollipop updates from various developers. It took a while for Samsung to port Lollipop to Sprint Galaxy S5. Now TouchWiz UI is ready to mix in with the lollipop flavor and you can enjoy lollipop with stock Samsung theme.
Although there aren’t many users who love TouchWiz UI and prefer custom ROMs they miss some of the cool and must have features from Samsung.
Android 5.0 Lollipop brings these overhauls to your device;
- Material design user interface
- Smoother performance
- Fluid animations
- Notification cards
- Priority notifications
- Battery saver
- Screen pinning
If you’re an avid Samsung fan, don’t trust your device with custom ROMs, love your Galaxy S5 with the factory version and prefer to advance then this guide is posted just for you. Quickly have an over look of the prerequisites mentioned below and follow the procedure carefully.
This Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware has to be installed on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900P model only.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smart phone (Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P) will not be recognized by the computer. Download them from here.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
- Although installing official update improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it will void your warranty.
Warning: The author will not be responsible, if you damage or brick your device. Do it at your own risk and follow the instructions properly.
- Download Official lollipop ROM from here and copy it to your SDcard.
- Download Odin v3.10.6 from here and set it up on your computer.
- Now put your Galaxy S5 in Download mode. (Hold Home + volume down along with the power button)
- Run Odin with administrator rights on your computer.
- Power off and connect your device to a computer using the USB cable. (Confirm the connection with Blue box, if it doesn’t show up configure your USB drivers)
- Click on ‘AP’ in Odin 3.10.6 (if you have Odin 3.0.7 then you can select ‘PDA’).
- Choose“.tar.md5″file to install Android 5.0 from the dialog box.
- Check Auto-reboot and F-reset time. (On Odin 3.0.7 don’t alter anything or you may end up with bricked device).
- Click on Start.
- Now wait until the process is done. After a few seconds, the phone will reboot.
Once Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900P is rebooted, you can enjoy Android 5.0. If you are facing difficulty during the installation do let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget to share your experiences.