Samsung is constantly firing up Android 4.1.1/4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update to all its high-end smartphones and tablets. Galaxy S3, Note 2, and various variants of its Galaxy Tabs have already received or got the new update through Kies and Over-the-Air. The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update has now been rolling out for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi GT-P3110 too. In fact, the OTA update started a while ago, but we have the complete firmware files and they include both for branded and unbranded variants of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi P3110.
If you have the received the update via Kies or software update feature on the device, you can still enjoy the taste of Jelly Bean by downloading the firmware file and installing it manually on your Tab. The procedure is very simple and requires very little effort. The firmware files provided here are officially for countries like the UK, Spain, Poland, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Romania (Cosmote), Slovenia, and France. However, if you are from a country not listed above, you can choose any firmware except for Romania which is carrier-branded, and flash it.
Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware is Now Available for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi GT-P3110
Features of the Android 4.1.1 JB Update:
The Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 brings a lot of new features and improvements to your device, Here are some of them.
- The new intuitive Google Now
- Project Butter: smoother and faster UI
- New enhanced TouchWiz
- New Notification Panel
- New Blocking Mode (found under Settings)
- 17 Apps in the Multitasking Mini Bar in place of 10
- 5 layouts for multitasking
- Changes in Settings interface
- YouTube client in Video Player
- Press the Power+Volume Up button together to start screen recording.
- Better battery life than ICS firmware.
- Many others.
Download Android 4.1.1 JB Firmware:
The following firmware are officially for a few European countries, but they can be flashed by Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 users from Austria, Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Italy, and other countries too. Only the last one is for Cosmote users in Romania.
Install Android 4.1.1 JB Firmware Galaxy Tab P3110:
Follow the steps given below carefully to install the Jelly Bean firmware to your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110:
- Download the firmware from the link above and extract the zip. Inside the extracted folder, you will see a .tar.md5 file.
- Download Odin3-v3.04.zip and extract the zip.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install on your computer.
- Charge your device and backup all important data.
- Turn on USB Debugging on the device from Settings> Developer options>
- Switch off your phone and enter the Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Now open Odin.exe and connect your device to computer.
- When your device will be connected to your computer, one ID:COM box will turn green and you will “Added!!” text at the message box at Odin.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension from the firmware folder.
- Now in Odin, ensure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked
- Click on Start button on Odin.
- This installation might take a few minutes and when it finishes, you will see PASS! message on the ID:COM.
- The device will reboot now. Disconnect it from the computer.
Voila! you have successfully installed the Android 4.1.1 JB firmware on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi GT-P3110. Enjoy!