The subsidized price that a network-locked smartphone comes with is the biggest factor to drive millions of people to buy a phone from a network operator. These operators spend huge money on creating, maintaining and adapting these networks to new technologies, and we have to pay to have access to the services of a network provider who often charges far more for a contract than its worth. They gradually take more than the actual cost of a free or reduced price handset.
This also proves somewhat convenient to a consumer who gets a desired phone at easy installments. If you are a little calculative, you must be realizing that you are not getting a fair balance for what you are paying for. And though some operators claim to giving all “Power to you”, they actually snatch your freedom. Buying a SIM-free phone, therefore, has many advantages. It puts all the power back to you. First of all, you can choose a network provider that gives you the best deal. Further, you can have total command on your phone bills as you can tailor the cost of mobile access to what you need.
Many people buy a SIM-locked handset and later pay for getting it unlocked. However, if you have a SIM-locked Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, or Galaxy S3, there is method that can unlock your phone and let you enjoy a SIM-free experience. XDA member Spocky12 has developed an app called “GalaxSim Unlock” that would help you get freedom from the excesses of a network-provider.
Features of the GalaxSim Unlock App:
The GalaxSim app requires root access, so make sure that you have rooted your phone. Download the app, install it, run the app, click on Unlock button, and reboot device.
- Unlock/debrand your phone.
- Jelly Bean firmware support
- Works on any existing rooted ROM
- Supports international Galaxy S3 i9300 (US Qualcomm based GS3 are not supported for now)
- Supports other Galaxy family devices (S, S2 and their variants)
- Work if you previously unlocked your device with “Voodoo Unlock” or “Galaxy S Unlock”
- Do not use this app if your IMEI has been lost due to any error in nv_data caused by a third party app.
- Gives you detailed information about current locks status.
- Backup efs before modifying anything (that should guarantee you a safe use)
- Enables you to restore your efs backup if you want to.
- Support for more Galaxy devices to be added soon.