The official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update has just hit Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi GT-N8010. The firmware, however, is currently available for the users in Germany only and the OTA file consists of 300 MB. The update will be rolled to other countries very soon. The 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware update will bring with a number of new features as faster and smoother UI (thanks to the Project Butter), enhanced TouchWiz, enriched Notification Panel and much more.
The new firmware version N8010XXBLK9 is an unbranded one and therefore it can be flashed on any carrier-free international version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi. If you happen to be one from any of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom. You can install the update even if you are one from any other country and own an International version of the device. You can download the firmware file and flash it manually on your Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi.
Download and Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010
You may also like:
- Update Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Customization Tips and Tricks
New Features and Changes:
Here is a list of some of the new features and changes that I discovered on my Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 after Android 4.1.1 update.
- Google Now: press and hold the Home icon to launch Google Now
- Project Butter: smoother and faster UI
- New enhanced TouchWiz
- New Notification Panel
- New S Note Widget and new features added
- New Blocking Mode (found under Settings)
- 17 Apps in the Multitasking Mini Bar
- Ripple Lockscreen
- Changes in Settings interface
- Various S Pen Features from Note 2
- YouTube client in Video Player
- Press the Power+Volume Up button together to start screen recording.
- Press and hold the S Pen on any area of the screen and drag it to take a clip
- The app info panel while pressing and holding an icon at the desktop has gone.
- The S Pen dock that popped out while pulling out the stylus has gone.
Download and Install:
Download the Android 4.1.1 firmware for Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi. from the link below and install using the Odin method described below.
All firmwares provided below are unbranded. So, you can install it on any unlocked/carrier-free/unbranded Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi N8010, no matter from what country you come. Enjoy the new Jelly Bean firmware! You can later change the device CSC to get future OTA updates.
Having downloaded the firmware for your Note 10.1, follow the instructions given below.
- Download the firmware from above and extract the zip
- Download Odin3-v3.04.zip and extract the zip
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install on your computer.
- Charge your device and backup all important data.
- Switch off your Note and enter the Download Mode. To do this, you need to press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously till the screen turns up. The device will ask you to press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode, do it.
- Now open Odin.exe and connect your device to the computer.
- When your device will be connected to your computer, one ID: COM box will turn green and you will “Added!!” text at the message box at Odin.
- Click on PDA and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now in Odin, ensure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked
- Click Start in Odin and the installation will begin.
- This installation might take some time and when it finishes, you will see PASS! message on the ID:COM.
- The device will reboot now. Disconnect it from the computer.
You have now a Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 WiFi with official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Do let us know how much you like the new JB firmware.