If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (LTE + WiFi) GT- N8020 and have been waiting for the official Jelly Bean update for your device, your wait is over now as Samsung has finally started to roll out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. The new update can be availed via Samsung Kies and Over-the-Air. Keep an eye on Kies or check for the update manually from Settings> About> Software Update because it might take you by surprise any time.
In case you do not find any update any firmware update notification for your Galaxy Note 10.1 (LTE + WiFi), you can still install the firmware manually by downloading it from our link below. The countries for which the complete firmware files are available to include Sweden, Romania, Austria, Greece, Hungary, Australia, Singapore, Baltic, Italy, Denmark, France, Germany and United Kingdom. But if do not belong to any of the countries listed above, you need not feel sad because you can download and install any Unbranded firmware and install it using Odin flasher.
Here is a list of some of the new features and changes that I discovered on my Galaxy Note 10.1 (LTE + WiFi) GT- N8020 after Android 4.1.2 update.
- Google Now: press and hold the Home icon to launch Google Now
- Project Butter: smoother and faster UI
- New enhanced TouchWiz
- New Notification Panel
- New S Note Widget and new features added
- New Blocking Mode (found under Settings)
- Changes in Settings interface
- Various S Pen Features from Note 2
- YouTube client in Video Player
Download Android 4.1.2 Firmware for Note 10.1 N8020:
Select your country and operator and download the firmware. For those who are not from any of the following countries, it is recommended that they go with the firmwares for Sweden or Singapore that are unbranded (non-carrier branded).
Install Android 4.1.1 JB Firmware on Note 10.1 N8020:
If have not flashed an official firmware on your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 manually, follow the steps given below to install the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware:
- Download the firmware file from above and extract the zip. Inside the zip you will find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Download Odin3-v3.04.zip and extract the zip.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers and install on your computer. No need to install it if Samsung Kies is installed on your computer.
- Get your device fully charged and backup all important data.
- Switch off your Note 10.1 and enter into the Download Mode. To do this, you need to press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously till the screen turns up. The device will ask you to press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode, do it.
- Now open Odin.exe and connect your device to the computer via a USB cable.
- When your device will be connected to your computer, the ID:COM box will turn green and you will see “Added!!” text at the message box at Odin.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now in Odin, ensure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked.
- Click Start in Odin and the installation will begin.
- This installation might take some time and when it finishes, you will see PASS! message on the ID:COM.
- The device will reboot now. Disconnect it from the computer.
When your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 boots up, it should be running the newly installed Jelly Bean firmware. You can confirm it from Settings> About.