If you have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Ice Cream Sandwich XXLPH firmware and have not yet rooted your device, here is a simple guide that will walk you through the method to root Galaxy S2 on ICS firmware. Once successfully gone through this procedure, you will be able to:
- Customize your phone in a better way
- Remove System apps which you do not need that leads to free space
- Convert the file system of current RFS to the faster ext4 file formats
- Convert Downloaded apps to system app
Please take note that all the powerful capabilities mentioned above come with a little price, and that is a little bit risk. Rooting or flashing Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2 will void its warranty. If you can afford these like millions of other Android users, follow the instructions given below. DroidViews will not be liable for any mishap.
Before we begin our rooting business, please follow the hints given below.
1. Don’t forget to back up your data. If you have synced the device with a Google account, then the contacts, calendar, Gmail, & select other Google-related data will not be lost and will come back after the next sync. However, you should back up anything you want to keep that is not stored on the SD card:
- SMS/MMS messages,
- Call Log,
- Applications; use Titanium Backup or the Astro File Manager, for example,
- Any application data not on the SD card.
It would also be a good idea to back up everything stored on the SD card in the rare case the SD card must be formatted to resolve any major problems.
MyBackup Root, SMS Backup & Restore are all free applications that can assist with backing up your data.
2. Make sure that Samsung Kies is installed on your PC. If not, Download and install the Samsung USB drivers.
3. Make sure that your phones’ battery level is not less than 70 percent.
4. Make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on the Galaxy S2 (Settings» Applications » Development » USB debugging).
Instructions to Root Galaxy S2 on ICS Firmware
Having taken care of all the precautions, you are now ready to root your phone. Just follow the simple steps given below and you will have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Download and extract the Odin3-v1.85: Download
- Download CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LPH-v5.2-CWM5.zip that contains the kernel file in .tar format. Do not extract the tar file and place it inside the Odin3-v1.85 folder for the sake of convenience.
- Now double click on ‘Odin3 v1.85.exe’. You will see a pop-up window like this (open the image in a new tab to see in full size):
- Boot your phone into Download Mode. To do this, press the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons simultaneously, and your phone will enter into download mode. Now press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB. When you do this the ID:COM section on Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t, don’t proceed to the next step (see the picture above).
- Now click the PDA and select CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXX_LPH-v5.2-CWM5.tar file and hit ‘Start’ button. Wait for a few moments and your phone will reboot.
You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2. If you have any problem, we are here to help you out. Just drop a comment!
After i click the PDA and select
CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXX_LPH-v5.2-CWM5.tar file and hit ‘Start’ button, my phone off and on back but stuck on samsung galaxy s2 logo.
Wat should i do?
Download and install firmware from here: http://droidviews.com/2013/samsung-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-receives-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-firmware-update/
then use this method: https://www.droidviews.com/root-and-install-cwm-recovery-on-samsung-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-on-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean/
i am using I9100G…..and it did not work on it please help(egypt)
This is for ICS only. Try this: http://droidviews.com/2013/root-samsung-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100g-on-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-firmware/
i don not have JB
i have android 4.0.3
anD baseband is I9100GXXLPR
please tell me if there is any way to root my phone & roms if available
Okay, try these files: Install this via odin.
Download this and copy to phone.
when CWM is flashed, enter the recovery mode (turn off the phone then hold volume up+home+power keys). I
In recovery select ‘install zip from sd card” and select the SU Busybox Installer.zip file and install it. Then reboot the phone.
thanks a lot for your reply…but how to install the first file with odin ???
can i put it in pda !!!
Yes, extract the cwm.zip and sect the .tar file by clicking PDA. When it is flashed, boot phone in CWM recovery and install the SuperUser file as I told earlier.
thanks alot 😀
i have samsung galaxy s2 on gorgerbread i forget and think that it is on ics and i run it so it doesn’t work
make clear- is it on GB or ICS firmware.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 on Ice Cream Sandwich GT-I9100_INU_I9100XXLPQ_I9100ODDLP7_I9100DDLP8.rar Firmware,
Now how to root my phone ?
than how to install Pure Look S3 ?
PLZ help me……………………………
Hi, you just need an insecure kernel file for the firmware your device is on. Follow the guide carefully, only replace the attached Insecure Kernel file for I9100 XXLPQ. Download the kernel from the link below and use it at Step 2 as described in the INSTRUCTIONS above:
Extract the zip and you will find a .tar file inside it. Select this file in the Odin in place of “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXX_LPH-v5.2-CWM5.tar”. All other steps are the same for all Fimwares. If you still have problem, let me know and give a like to my site on Facebook.
Thank YOU ……….