There are a lot of choices in the 7-inch Android tablet category and most of the available devices are pretty much the same in specifications and price. For the most part, it’s only the OEM factor that makes them different from one another. The LG G Pad 7.0 is a serious contender for Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 4 7.0. And though both the tablets have got similar hardware, the G Pad 7.0 is around $50 less costly than the Tab 4 7.0.
The LG G Pad 7.0 is a low-end tablet but its nicely packed features make it a good value for money. The device has been out in the market for more than 6 months now and if you got it and plan to root it, we have come with an easy tutorial for you. Since the G Pad 7.0 comes in WiFi and LTE variants, we have covered both the models (V400 and V410). Besides gaining root access on the above-mentioned variants, we’ll also describe how you can install the TWRP Recovery easily.
Rooting Android devices voids the warranty and the procedure given below might prove a bit risky. Proceed at your own responsibility. We’re not the developers of any of the apps/tools used. Our only aim is to share what works for your devices and how you can achieve root and install a custom recovery.
Root LG G Pad 7.0 V400 WiFi
There are more than one exploits that can be used to root the LG G Pad 7.0 V400. You can try any of them.
- Download Towelroot app, install it on your G Pad 7.0, open the app and tam the make it ra1n button. You can find the app and the procedure in details here.
- You can also use the StumpRoot app and root your device. Click here to head over to our tutorial.
- There’s yet another tool you can use to root the WiFi model of the LG G Pad 7.0. Try LG Root Tool from here.oot LG G Pad 7.0 V410 LTE
Root LG G Pad 7.0 V410 LTE
If you own the LTE variant of the device, that is LG G Pad 7.0 V410, you can use the following methods to gain root privilege.
You can use the Purpledrake Lite tool. To download the tool and learn the procedure to use it, please jump to Method 4 in this guide.
Install TWRP Recovery G Pad 7 V400/ V410
Having rooting your LG G Pad 7.0 V400/V410, if you also want to install a custom recovery, here’s how you can do it.
- Download the Bump’s TWRP recovery for your device model:
- Copy the .img file to your device.
- Install Flashify app from the Play Store:
- Open Flashify and tap Recovery image option.
- Install the TWRP.img file.
Done! Thus now you have successfully rooted your LG G Pad 7.0 V400/ V410 and installed TWRP Recovery on it. Enjoy!