The Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 is the 3rd series of Samsung’s tab collection supporting a brilliant Exynos 4212 Dual-Core 1.5 GHz CPU, Mali 400 GPU, an 8” HD display with Dolby Surround sound. Android 4.4 KitKat is around the corner to reach out almost every worthy device and so it has made its way to the Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, we have already covered a guide on how to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310.
Having this latest Android version running on your tab, it could literally reach sky high with its new performance and enhancements. But, you could always do a lot more when you have your device rooted, doing so is pretty easy if you have the right instructions and we are here to do that for you. So today, we are going to guide you to Root Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 on KitKat 4.4.2 using Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root method and flashing it using the famous Odin flashing tool.
Rooting voids your Tab’s warranty and trips the KNOX counter. DroidViews or any of its members do not encourage rooting, understand the risk and perform everything on your own will. We shall not be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Preps Before Rooting
- Install USB drivers: Click here
- Charge your Tab 3 above 60% battery level to be on the safe side
- Backup everything, this includes your internal storage, SMS, contacts, calendars, etc.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Download the full CF-Auto-Root package for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310: Click here
Root Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 on KitKat 4.4.2
- Extract the downloaded CF-Auto-Root package to a suitable location. Double-click on Odin3-v3.07.exe to open the Odin program.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and everything else is not.
- Power off your Tab 3. Press the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons altogether until you see a warning screen asking for your confirmation.
- Press the Volume Up key to enter into Download Mode.
- The ID:COM port will display the device ID which means the device has been connected properly. If it doesn’t, make sure to install the drivers properly.
- Click on the PDA tab, browse to the location of the package and select CF-Auto-Root-lt01wifi-lt01wifixx-smt310.tar.md5.
- Click on Start to begin the flashing process, which might take a minute or so.
- Once done, you will be displayed with a PASS!! message.
The Tab will reboot itself into Rooted KitKat 4.4.2 firmware. Be sure to take the initiative of the latest Android version on your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310. Get back to us via comments and share your thoughts on the latest rooted Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on your Tab 3.