The HTC One M8 is definitely the most beautiful and premium-looking Android smartphone. I has been catching the fancy of users since it launch the last month. As it usually happens, our developer community gather its tools and weapons to come with different hack and mods as soon a significant device is lost. The HTC one M8 is no exception as we already have a plethora of custom development going round the device.
Just a few days ago, we shared a trick to remove the TAMPERED banner from One M8’s bootloader screen. Taking the development further, santod040 from XDA forum has prepared a mod that can remove red text from HTC One M8 HBOOT screen.
While the tampered flag is shown only when you boot the device in Bootloader mode, the red development text scowls at us each time we reboot the phone. The red text message begins to show on all HTC device after unlocking the device bootloader using HTC Dev method and runs like this:
This build is for development purposes only. Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC’s written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action.
If you want to get rid of this red warning on your shiny HTC One M8 with unlocked bootloader, you can easily do it flashing santod040’s modified HBOOT. The developer has release his HBOOT mod for 8 variants of the HTC One M8, including-
- International HTC One M8 (WWE)
- International HTC One M8 (GER)
- AT&T HTC One M8
- Sprint HTC One M8
- Verizon HTC One M8
- Telus HTC One M8
- Rogers HTC One M8
- HTC One M8 Developer Edition
You must S-OFF your HTC One M8 before trying the mod since it is all about replacing the original HBOOT with the modded one. In case you device is still S-ON, do not proceed!
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer: Read this or this guide.
- Install HTC USB Drivers on your computer: Download
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One M8. You can find the instructions to turn on developer options here.
- Download the appropriate modified HBOOT for your M8 from the XDA thread.
Remove Red Text from HTC One M8
- Download and copy the modified HBOOT zip file to your phone.
- Boot your HTC One M8 into Fastboot mode: press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons for a few seconds till the screen turns up and the phone shows the Bootloader screen. Using the volume down button highlight the FASTBOOT option and select it by pressing the power key.
- Now connect you phone to the computer.
- Navigate to the platform-tools directory and launch a CMD window here. To do this press Shift + Right-click at an empty space in the directory and select “Open command window here” option.
- Now issue the following command and hit Enter key:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- Then type this command and press Enter:
fastboot flash zip filename_hboot.zip
- The installation will begin but the process will halt at around 75% – 90% on phone screen. Do not worry and type the following command:
- The installation progress bar should now show 100% and then the device will reboot into the Bootloader mode.
Reboot your phone now. The red development text won’t show on the splash screen of you HTC One M8 anymore! Enjoy!