Maybe not the general populace but enthusiasts around the world will all be familiar with the name Razer Phone. Razer is generally associated with gaming laptops but the Razer Phone is the company’s first attempt at smartphones. Naturally, Razer decided to play to its strengths and market their smartphone as a gaming smartphone. The Razer Phone does indeed bring at least one unique feature that actual gamers would appreciate. But a Gaming phone makes up a really great phone all around even for non-gamers. For all its perks, the Razer Phone is but an Android smartphone. Therefore it had to be rooted. If you have rooted your Razer Phone with Magisk, a new Magisk module aimed specifically at the Razer Phone can bring features such as aptX HD and more to your device.
The Magisk Module was put together by XDA Senior Member raimondomartire. The module has been named Rayglobe Module. If you’re not familiar with Magisk and Magisk modules you can learn more about it here. Long story short though Magisk is the new rooting method as SuperSU was (still is) before, with a major difference. Magisk works systemlessly, that is, it does not affect the system partition and still manages to provide root access. SuperSU, on the other hand, made changes in the system partition which bothered no one actually until Google introduced the SafetyNet checks. Magisk can bypass this check and thus, is preferred. Furthermore, the framework Magisk uses to bring root access can be used by other developers to create other mods or modules, such as the Rayglobe Module, that work without modifying the system partition.
As already said the Ratglobe Module brings aptX HD to the Razer Phone. This is a Bluetooth audio codec from Qualcomm that in theory provides better sound experience over Bluetooth. Apart from that, it adds some build.prop edits to increase the number of steps in the volume slider providing a finer control over your devices volume level. Here’s a list of all the module features as provided by the developer himself:
- Build.prop mods for volume and more audio steps
- Themed YouTube
- Service.jar hacked to delete sign
- Framework-res adjustment to ambient light and dim
- New Miracast flash in settings/video
- Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth audio codec
- iOS 11 emoji
- Obviously, your device needs to be rooted with Magisk.
How to install Rayglobe Magisk Module on Razer Phone
- Download the Rayglobe module zip file onto your Razer Phone using the link provided above.
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your phone and tap pull the side menu drawer with a swipe from the left edge of your screen.
- Go to the Modules section an tap on the floating + button at the bottom.
- Browse to the downloaded zip file, long press on it and tap OPEN in the top-right corner to install the module.
- Reboot your device once the module is installed.