Not long ago, the AT&T variant of the Galaxy S6 and the S6 Edge received an update to it’s OI2 firmware that brought many security and bug fixes. However, the devices did now receive any further updates from the carrier. Now the T-Mobile has pushed a brand new OJ7 firmware update following it’s OI1 update last month.
Although this update is still Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based, the Galaxy S6 Edge device has been promised a Marshmallow firmware from the manufacturer. The carrier T-Mobile seems to be very active towards providing software support for it’s numerous devices. Once the international variant receives the Marshmallow update, it isn’t long that the T-Mobile carrier pushes the update too.
Ranging from the flagship phones that have been promised a Marshmallow release to the mid range phones that are currently receiving the latest Lollipop update, the manufacturer is making it’s customers happy. So here is a detailed tutorial that will help you install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop G925TUVU3DOJ7 firmware in no time.
Also, if for any reason you have installed a custom ROM or have heavily modified the firmware, then you must restore the firmware on this devices to stock in order to receive future updates from Samsung. Here is a simple guide to restore your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM- G925T variant and to stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
To update your phone to the latest firmware, you need an Odin software made available to the Samsung Galaxy users for installing a range of things including firmware, custom recovery, CF-Auto-Root and more. So if you are new to the installation process, then we have got you covered.
Make sure to backup everything before you proceed as this procedure will wipe all of your apps and data from your current firmware and perform a clean install. So let’s begin with the tutorial.
- Make sure you have the perfect device and variant. This guide is compatible with only T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM- G925T variant and for others this won’t work as the firmware, G925TUVU3DOJ7, is device specific.
- Make sure you have fully charged your Galaxy Grand Prime or at least up to 60% of the battery.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Make sure you have Samsung drivers installed on your PC.
- Download the 7zip software to extract the zip file to get the firmware file which is in .tar.md5 extension.
- Android 5.1.1 lollipop Firmware Update for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM- G925T
Backup Your Apps and Data
This process will wipe all of your apps and data from your current firmware as it will perform a clean install. It is highly recommended that you backup your apps, contacts, messages, photos, videos and any other important data stored on the internal storage of your phone. Get some of our useful backup apps from the DroidViews archives. This will help you backup your device data easily.
Install Android 5.1.1 G925TUVU3DOJ7 Firmware on TMO Galaxy S6 Edge
- Download G925TUVU3DOJ7 firmware for your Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T with suitable network or carrier. If it is a zip file, extract it to get the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into the Download Mode. To do this, turn off your device and then press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds. When you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle sign, press the Volume Up/Down key to enter Download/Odin mode
- Download the required Odin.zip file and extract the file on your PC. You will get the Odin3_v3.10.7.exe file. Open it as the administrator to get to the Odin window.
- Connect your T-Mobile S6 Edge to the computer using the USB cable.
- When you connect the device, the ID: COM port on Odin will turn Blue. You’ll also see“Added!!” message to indicate successful connection.
- If in case, Odin doesn’t detect your device, troubleshoot the following:
- Reboot your phone and turn off USB Debugging and turn it on again.
- Try reinstalling the Samsung USB Drivers.
- Try changing the USB cable and connecting to other ports.
- Now click the AP button on Odin and add the firmware file (G925TUVU3DOJ7_G925TTMB3DOJ7_xxx.tar.md5)
- In the Options section, make sure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked. (Do not, in any case, check Re-Partition box)
- Before you proceed to firmware installation on Odin, make sure everything is set according to the screenshot.
- Now, click the Start button on Odin to begin firmware installation.
- Once you get a PASS! message on Odin, your device will restart. It’s the green signal that indicates a successful installation. In case you get Fail! message, go through the guide and requirements carefully.
Once you have successfully booted into the firmware, you can now enjoy your new firmware. This new update is not an OTA file. It is a full firmware and in order to get the OTA, you will need to install the full stock firmware. If you come across any problems then look below to troubleshoot them via a factory reset.
If you come across bootloop, then this may occur sometimes when you have installed a new firmware. To solve this, remove the battery and then put it back again. Boot into recovery by holding Volume Down + Home + Power. In Recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “Yes” This will delete all user data. Now select Reboot to System. If you want a detailed tutorial for these steps, head over to the link below.
For detailed guide on how to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy device, get to the following link:
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.