Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is a lucky device. It looks like Samsung fulfilled the wish of Grand Prime users. The Official Lollipop is finally available for Grand Prime now. Android Lollipop flavored with TouchWiz UI is now set to rock on Grand Prime. Samsung took a while bringing this overhaul to its devices as they have to integrate their TouchWiz UI with Lollipop interface.
Android Lollipop along TouchWiz design brings a new life to Grand Prime. Literally, it is more Grand and Prime after lollipop update. The Battery life is expected to increase about 90 minutes and you can also reply on Battery Saver feature of Lollipop when you’re out of power. In an update, we see disorders especially when it comes to OTA. Some devices get lucky and other suffers from the long wait. It is not such case with you because today we will show you how to flash official Android Lollipop build for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.
This Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware has to be installed on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE SM-G531F model only.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE SM-G531F) will not be recognized by the computer. Download them from here.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
- Although installing official update improve the device’s performance and UI experiences, it will void your warranty.
Warning: The author will not be responsible, if you damage or brick your device. Do it at your own risk and follow the instructions properly.
- Download Official lollipop ROM from here and extract the downloaded firmware zip file.
- Download Odin v3.10.6 from here and set it up on your computer.
- Now put your Galaxy Grand Prime in Download mode. (Hold volume up + volume down along with the power button).
- Run Odin with administrator rights on your computer.
- Power off and connect your device to a computer using the USB cable. (Confirm the connection with Blue box, if it doesn’t show up configure your USB drivers)
- Click on ‘AP’ in Odin 3.10.6 (if you have Odin 3.0.7 then you can select ‘PDA’).
- Choose“.tar.md5″ file to install Android 5.1.1 from the dialog box.
- Check Auto-reboot and F-reset time. (Don’t alter anything or you may end up with a bricked device).
- Click on Start.
- Now, wait until the process is done. After a few seconds, the phone will reboot.
Once Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE SM-G531F is rebooted, you can enjoy Android 5.1.1. If you are facing difficulty during the installation do let us know in the comments below. Don’t forget to share your experiences.
Lollipop for Other Grand prime Models