KitKat is everywhere! And I am sure you want to see it on your device too. The Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 was launched recently during March 2014 and already has the privilege to cherish the taste of KitKat. The Tab Pro 10.1 is one of the topmost tablets available in the market offering a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Quad-Core 2.3 GHz Krait CPU, Adreno 330 GPU, and a 10.1” Super LCD Capacitive display.
The Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 has just been blessed with KitKat 4.4.2 update, build labeled version T520XXUANAE. Our fellow XDA member scumpicule has managed to upload the firmware file. And we here will help you Install KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware on Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520.
Installing firmware using Odin can harm your device, understand and proceed at your own risk. DroidViews or any of its community members shall not be held responsible for any damage to your Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.
Preparations Before Update
There is a list of essential needs to be completed before you can actually proceed with the instructions. Each of which must be completed or it will create threats during the procedure.
- Install Samsung drivers on your PC, these could be downloaded from here.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings if you don’t know how to, follow this guide.
- Backup your device’s internal storage, SMS, Contacts etc
- Charge your Tab above 60% battery level at least.
- Download Odin 3.09 and extract the zip: Odin3 v3.09.zip
- Install WinRAR or any other similar archive tool to extract the zip.
Install KitKat 4.4.2 Firmware on Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
- Extract the downloaded firmware package to a suitable location on your PC. You will have 3 files, the code, CSC, and Modem. CSC and Modem are optional being present based upon the region your firmware file belongs to.
- Open the extracted Odin folder and double-click on Odin3_v3.09.exe to start the Odin program.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked and everything else is not.
- Power off your Tab Pro 10.1. Press Volume Down, Home and Power keys altogether until you see a warning message, press the Volume Up key to boot your tab into Download Mode.
- Connect the device to the PC via USB cable.
- The Odin window will now show the ID:COM port if the connection has been established successfully. If not, make sure to Install the drivers properly.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the firmware .tar or .tar.md5 file.
- In case the CSC and Modem files are available, select the CSC file by clicking the CSC button and Modem file by Phone button.
- Click on Start button to initiate the flashing process. It will take a few minutes to complete and thereafter the device will reboot automatically.
Enjoy the latest available KitKat firmware on your Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. In case you’ve got a query, post it below. Have suggestions? Just hit the comments.