If you own the Yu Yureka Android device, then there is a good news for you folks. Now you can install the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow software on your device with the CyanogenMod 13 ROM. Courtesy of Santhosh M, a recognized developer at XDA, the Yureka device can now taste Marshmallow.
As it is an initial release for CM 13, the ROM may consist of some bugs right now. However, with future updates stability improvements and bug fixes can be expected. First thing you will need is TWRP installed on your device. Once you setup the custom recovery, you are all set to flash the custom ROM listed below. If you like to tinker with such things, then here is a good chance to get the most out of your device.
The camera works great. However, for video recording you will need to choose either FULL HD 1080p or HD 720p. You can get these options from camera setting->resolution&quality->Video->back camera video. Before we begin get through the bugs listed below and make a wise decision. Also backup everything before proceeding.
Warning: Warranty may be void if you root or install custom ROM on your device. We at DroidViews won’t be liable for any damage to your device whatsoever. We are not responsible if you brick or damage your device. Reader’s discretion is advised.
All functionality of RIL ( except data connection which seems to be broken )
Basic apps seem to be working
Titanium backup works fine and more
Data connection seems to be broken ( To be updated soon )
Yu Yureka CyanogenMod 13 ROM
- CM 13 Marshmallow ROM — Download | File: cm-13.0-20151113-UNOFFICIAL-tomato.zip
- Marshmallow compatible Google Apps | Download
- The listed custom ROM is compatible with Yu Yureka. Do not try it on any other device.
- Make sure you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. Get the latest one from here.
- You must have device drivers installed on your PC so as to transfer the ROM and Google apps to your device’s storage.
- You must fully charge your device or at least to 60%, as the process may take a while.
Backup your Apps and Data
Before you proceed, make sure you backup all your data. This process will wipe all the data from your device except for the internal storage. Hence, a full backup or nandroid backup is recommended. Also backup all your internal storage files just in case anything goes wrong. Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM.
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Yu Yureka With CM 13
- Download the Marshmallow CM 13 ROM from the download section. Also download the Marshmallow Google Apps of your choice.
- Now transfer the zip file into your device’s internal storage. Place the zip file where you can easily locate it.
- Now reboot into Custom Recovery (like TWRP). To boot into TWRP, first turn off your device and then press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time. If you see the TWRP logo, that means you have successfully booted into the recovery.
- It’s highly recommended that you perform a nandroid backup. To backup your ROM, tap on backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right where appropriate, to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, perform a full wipe. Return to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button and select Advanced Wipe. Then select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache. Now swipe the confirmation button to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu or home screen and tap on the install option. Navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation. The ROM will be installed.
- Now return to home in the TWRP and tap on the install option. Navigate to the Google apps zip file and select it.
- Swipe the confirmation button to proceed with the installation.
- Once installed, reboot to system.
If you see the new boot logo, that means you have successfully installed the ROM on your device. If you come across any boot loop or face system errors, try a factory reset from the recovery or you can always restore your previous ROM from the backup. If you are looking for root access on your new ROM, get to this page for latest SuperSU build.
For queries, comment down below. Like and share us on social platforms. If you need help with other devices, let us know.